Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The purpose of this role is to manage all aspects of the relationship between Visa & designated clients with a focus on business growth & client satisfaction. Manage the setting, direction & implementation of country & business strategies, objectives & plans within designated clients in order to achieve business targets through growing the existing business & through identifying new business opportunities including the introduction & implementation of new products & services.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
- Contribute to the development of the areas business development strategy.
- Ensure the development of individual designated clients' operational plans, with corresponding tactics & actions to achieve defined goals.
- Ensure that the necessary operational plans are in place in good time & have sufficient justification for the required spend.
- Monitor the development of the banking & financial services industry across the region, analyse trends & understand factors influencing current & potential business results of Visa. Monitor, analyse & develop/respond to competitors strategies.
Business Development & Relationship Management
- Establish, develop & manage the relationship between Visa & designated clients', industry representatives in-country such as Central Banks, Governments, Bankers Association & Media.
- Establish, develop & manage relationships in-country with Vendors, Processors
- Identify new business development opportunities, take accountability for, & manage the project evaluation of these. Focus on achieving business targets through growing existing business & developing new business opportunities. Monitor business results of designated clients, anticipate challenges, & take proactive measures to accomplish targets.
- Ensure all necessary projects, products, services are being implemented with designated Clients, providing all the required operational support with logistics, implementation plans, agreements, etc.
- Ensure effective communication of progress to targets both within Visa & with Clients'.
- Develop, maintain & cultivate close relationships with decision-makers & senior management of designated clients, partner companies, Central banks & national banking associations. Understand their business strategies, priorities, needs & business processes, present to them strategic ideas & share Visa's views on industry developments & dynamics & advise them how Visa products can impact their results.
- Represent Visa to the clients by providing a point of contact to them, with permanent high quality support on the Visa organisation, products, systems & policies.
- Client consulting relating to operations, products, IT, marketing & compliance
- Assist with the relationships with the central banks, key technology partners & other organisations involved in payment services. Utilise these relationships to influence & change attitudes & decisions of clients' - to achieve Visa's goals in the region.
- Ensure all CEMEA departments are fully informed of actions that may affect Visa business, support their objectives & business plans & seek to resolve conflicts, which might occur.
- Actively contribute to the development of the team through sharing of information, coaching & support.
- Establish, maintain & develop good relationships with CEMEA colleagues, & staff in other regions to ensure that global initiatives & best practice throughout Visa are effectively introduced across CEMEA.
- Complete ad hoc project/research work & other initiatives as directed by senior management.
Strategic Nature, Mgmt Accountability, & Scope
- Ensures implementation of annual functional sales goals & plans.
- Ensures appropriate development & management of deals with clients & partners.
- Responsible for activities of clients/areas without direct reports. May lead small functional team.
- Directly supports senior sales staff on their areas of responsibility.
Decision Making & Complexity
- Operates autonomously with moderately complex accounts. Has impact on department revenues & organization reputation through management of client relationships.
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures & business plan.
- Interprets business issues & recommends best practices.
- Works independently with guidance in only the more complex situations.
Financial & Organizational Scope
- Operational sales team member
- Manages assigned accounts or supports others.
- Generates new business & maintains existing client relationships with accounts.
- Superior negotiation skills leading to timely & acceptable resolutions
- Client relationship & management skills
- Solid interpersonal skills working with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Development & preparation of executive level briefs
- Leadership Skills
- Self-directed & motivated
- Able to work with little management oversight
- Strategic management & creative thinking
- Analytical in thought processes
Required Experience & Skills - Professional/Technical/Business
- 5 years of continuous experience in a bank or processing centre;
- Implementation or support/improvement of bank card products in cooperation with different payment systems;
- Sales experience & proven negotiation skills, prior experience leading meetings & effectively delivering presentations to large industry audiences, including conferences,
- Knowledge & understanding of banking operations and/ or electronic payment schemes, including products & services, business systems & processes;
- Experience in liaising, & working with senior level international bankers, industry representatives in-country such as Central Banks, Governments, Bankers Association & Media.
- Ability to identify key strategic issues & to generate & deliver creative & innovative solutions to problems & opportunities
- Business & Commercial rigor & acumen
- Interpersonally credible, influential in their dealings & sensitive to a multicultural environment.
- Ability to manage varied indirect reporting relationships at all levels of the Visa & member organisation.
- Strong communication, interpersonal & collaboration skills - to influence direction & change attitudes & decisions of senior level international bankers
- Strong self-management skills including demonstrated drive & energy
- Multicultural sensitivity & interpersonal relationship management, including the ability to work effectively within CEMEA, between regions & with Worldwide Services staff
- Candidate must have the ability to travel frequently
- Proficient Russian & English speaker.