About Our Company
M.M. LaFleur is a female-founded womenswear company based in New York City. We believe the world is a better place when women succeed. Our goal is to take the work out of dressing for workwhether that means heading to the office, networking over brunch, leading PTA meetings, or anything in between. Our thoughtfully designed pieces are practical, comfortable, & beautiful, & we hope that when you wear them, you feel like the most polished & powerful version of yourself.
Who are we?
We're a group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop & dress for work. We get inspiration from our customers, & everything we design has a purpose & a human touch. We think big, but we sweat the details, & we take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. Were steady but nimble, thanks to a whip-smart, energetic team thats not afraid to be scrappy. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clotheswe own our mistakes, turn challenges into growth, & evolve as we learn. We embrace ambiguity, celebrate weird ideas, & love a work in progress. We are kind but direct, & we practice Kizukaia Japanese word that means empathy in action. We are incredibly proud of the team weve built, & were excited to continue evolving as we grow.
Our corporate office is located in lower Manhattan, but to prevent the spread of Covid-19, most of our positions are currently remote.
Overview of Role
As a member of the Creative + Brand Marketing Team, the Senior Manager of Brand Communications & Partnerships will focus on developing holistic integrated marketing for M.M. Reporting to the VP of Brand & Creative, the Senior Manager of Brand Communications & Partnerships will develop integrated approaches to marketing our brand, from press placements to integrated marketing to partnerships. They will act as an authority on the M.M. brand & how the organization operates within this brand identity.
- PR/Media Communications
- Build media relations strategy, seeking high-level placement in various forms of media including print, digital, & broadcast
- Manage PR consultants to pitch product coverage, brand thought leadership, speaking engagements, & other press
- Oversee media relations for executive team, including participation in & preparation for conferences & panels
- Plan & execute editor events or other PR functions
- Oversee creation of content for press releases & print features
- Develop & manage influencer + brand ambassador programming
- Report on PR + media results on a weekly basis
- Establish goals & track KPIs to ensure programs are driving acquisition & brand growth
- Strategic Partnerships
- Identify & enact worthy brand partnerships that drive acquisition and/or underscore brand mission
- Source + encourage communications around charitable events + partnerships
- Manage existing relationships with nonprofit & government organizations
- Integrated Marketing
- Oversee the creation & production of literature in conjunction with product launches + performance marketing initiatives
- Ensure all marketing materials work together to create a cohesive message
As a member of the Brand Team, this role plays a crucial part in ensuring successful cross-team & cross-department communications. This role will work closely with the following cross-functional teams:
- Performance Marketing
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Strong written & verbal communication skills