Associate Buyer, Accessories
The Associate Buyer will join our team & be responsible for driving business in a portion of brands within the department as well as working up offers, analyzing the business & brainstorming new event ideas & compelling ways to showcase the product to our members. The Associate Buyer will have direct relationships with key vendors, negotiate pricing, terms & conditions. The right candidate will be fast-paced & will stay on-top-of industry & competitive trends. In addition, the Associate Buyer will be an effective leader, relationship builder, & communicator in working with our external brand partners, as well as with internal groups such as merchandising, planning, production, marketing & legal.
What youll accomplish
- Youll be responsible for product selection including identifying potential brands & product business opportunities specific to textiles for our two sites & for our TV partnerships.
- Direct & grow relationships with key vendors, negotiate pricing, terms & conditions, & utilize brands/ vendor partners to build a comprehensive assortment.
- Stay on-top-of industry & competitive trends & will be able to execute at both a tactical & strategic level to drive business efficiently.
- Be an effective leader, relationship builder, & communicator in working with our external brand partners, as well as with internal groups such as merchandising, planning, production, marketing & legal.
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness & innovation. Were committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow & bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you & sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- Great experience in a retail environment & expert in retail math analytics
- Passion for product & a love of retail. Willing to go above & beyond to drive a successful business!
- Experience managing large sku counts & dropship orders
- Driven to make sure the customer has the best experience possible!
- Ability to multi-task & work well under pressure
- Acute attention to detail to achieve successful & profitable sales
- Proven analytical skills & are a risk taker
- Proficient in Excel & Google Docs: You dont shy away from (and maybe even get excited by) VLOOKUPs, & sorting
- Technical aptitude & agility to learn web-based tools
- Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities & vendor/brand management experience
- Ability to think & react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyze trends, sales, gross margin, inventory & turn
- Exceptional organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, & meeting rigorous deadlines
- Work with Planning to build Sales /GM/Dept plans/forecast sales/inventory management
- Learn from business trends & use feedback for future business improvements
- Maintain relationships with existing brands & source new suppliers for future products
- Willingness to travel
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY & CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupes policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated & proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered.