Brex is building the new global standard for financial services, starting with corporate cards. We are designing the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features & a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms & industry veterans such as Peter Thiel & Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, & were looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board. As a Web Engineer youll own brex.com a growth funnel of great impact to the business. Youll build performance-optimized landing pages for growth & product initiatives, & create tools & platforms to empower peers to efficiently deploy content & conduct experiments. Based in New York City, our team is committed to creating a driven & diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds.
Were looking for people with a strong background or interest in building products & tools, comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces, with a keen eye towards detail, & comfortable learning new technologies. Most importantly, you should be enthusiastic working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, & needs.
- Work with marketing & design to build a highly polished web experience that clearly lays out Brexs brand & value proposition.
- Build a responsive user experience across both desktop & mobile.
- Maintain a component library of abstractions that allow us to quickly & easily push high quality content to our site.
- Maintain the websites server-side infrastructure to leverage search engine optimization for discoverability.
- Build tools that allow non-technical teammates to quickly iterate on content & layout to ensure we have high conversion rates.
- Uphold our high engineering standards & bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, & processes you will encounter.
What We Value:
- Taking an interest in growth, acquisition, & design, & being able to collaborate with those teams in non-technical terms.
- Experience translating designs & interactions into code, & allowing others to do so with tools like CMS.
- Taking pride in working on projects to successful completion, involving a wide variety of technologies & systems.
- An ability to coordinate work with stakeholders across different teams & ensure projects are delivered in time for product launches.
- Putting yourself in the shoes of your users, & creating an intuitive, delightful experience.
- Holding yourself & others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Thriving in a collaborative environment, filled with a diverse group of people with different expertise & backgrounds (we currently have over 30 nationalities represented, with more than the company working in a country different from the one they grew up in).
Engineering at Brex:
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, & as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- Were big fans of functional programming, especially given the effect of bugs in this space! We work closely with the Elixir community, & are always looking at increasing our open source contributions more broadly.
- Product is a highly collaborative initiative across multiple teams. Engineers are expected to understand & have product input, designing systems towards our long-term product vision.
- We'd rather have one strong, well-compensated engineer, instead of having 5 average engineers. Our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not ok with broken features.
- We believe in two equal track career growths between senior individual contributors & managers. We want people to contribute where they feel most impactful.
- We believe in small, accountable & autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach & constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership & accountability for what theyre building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other systems in the future.
We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up & help us get to the truth faster.