WHO ARE WE?
The Total Rewards, People Services & Analytics, & People Technology Team helps BARK attract, engage, reward, & recognize the talented dog lovers who work here. Our team does everything from compensation & benefits strategy, program design, & administration to owning all People digital platforms & tools . As the stewards of BARK's People data, we're also analytical storytellers who provide the data, insights, & solutions to a broad range of questions & challenges involving our workforce. Come join us at the intersection of people, ideas, numbers, & technology!
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
An empathetic leader who understands the role benefits play in attracting & retaining top talent & promoting all facets of wellness. Someone who can toggle between strategic & tactical -- theyll need to understand our people data needs from both a strategic perspective & in order to get everyone paid the right amounts at the right time. A thought leader who will help us improve our operating model, service levels & efficiency. And a flexible team player who will both lead & do.
- Ensure timely & accurate payroll processing for all employee types & pay types around the globe. Develop & implement best practices, policies, processes, & technology needed to ensure that our payroll systems, processes, reporting, & auditing anticipate & comply with all relevant requirements & regulations.
- Ensure that payroll processes, reporting, & records are compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements. Collaborate with internal & external auditors to design & implement new processes to ensure payroll complies with audit requirements.
- Ensure that all employment records & data are current & accurate, including any changes in compensation, department, reporting or status.
- Provide technical & thought leadership for the implementation of several modules/functionalities of the UKG HRIS, including time tracking, vacation accrual, payroll, & benefits enrollment. Collaborate with the HRIS team on an ongoing basis to oversee benefit changes, updates, & implementations & system testing to ensure alignment with plan documents. Understand electronic vendor file interfaces.
- Evaluate, recommend, & oversee the management of a portfolio of benefits programs (and associated vendors/service providers) that helps us attract & retain top talent & holistically promotes wellness while exercising sound financial stewardship.
- Manage relevant portions of employee onboarding & off-boarding, including benefits enrollment & COBRA administration.
- Oversee open enrollment & ensure timely & accurate distribution of benefit enrollment information to newly hired staff & those who experience qualified status changes & plan & execute the annual benefits open enrollment process.
- 10+ years experience in employee benefits & payroll administration
- Experience setting up new benefits & payroll systems or implementing HRIS is a plus
- Experience in leading payroll transformation projects or in leading Payroll implementation projects.
- Experience overseeing payroll at a public company (ideally a recently public company) & ensuring payroll procedures are compliant with SOX.
- Strong knowledge & experience with US labor law, tax & compliance as well as all federal & state regulations, filing & compliance requirements, including COBRA, FMLA, & DOL/FLSA requirements, as well as local compliance outside of the US, including Americas, Europe & Asia.
- Detail oriented, deadline driven & work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to comfortably interact with employees of all levels of experience & seniority, across the organization.
- Must have a proven record of leading with empathy, empowering your staff, & communicating effectively.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong Excel skills & report development
- Familiarity with security concepts such as user-based & role-based groups
- Strong customer service orientation, organizational skills, attention to detail, follow through, & communication (verbal & written) skills
- Love of dogs & their people
- Internal drive to learn & to take initiative to pursue opportunities that improve processes/functions/systems & solve/resolve problems.
- Personable, team player possessing ability to work with all types of people & employees
- Ability to work independently & get things done, as well as collaboratively in a team & cross functionally
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site at our office in either NYC or Columbus, Ohio. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
A FEW THINGS WE BELIEVE IN
Partnership: HR is a service function that partners with operational departments across the firm. We are responsible for implementing processes & disciplines that could be burdensome to our operating partners. An effective manager works to understand the goals & constraints of our partners & then implement process changes that enhance or at least minimally disrupt our partners. We work to be part of their team.
Ownership: Each member of the team has a personal standard of accuracy & for doing it right that exceeds any audit or external compliance standard. Mistakes happen & when they do, we fix them & implement checks & measures to ensure they dont happen again. We take personal responsibility for our work knowing that we are supported by the company.
Team: Bark has a strong team of smart, high integrity, fun individuals who work hard. We help each other with the big & the small stuff equally.
Fun: Fun & happiness is the business we are in & the culture we enjoy. We work too hard not to enjoy what we do & who we spend our working hours with.