Vimeo is searching for an experienced Python & SQL software engineer for its Business Intelligence team. This is an opportunity to design & maintain a robust, scalable & sustainable enterprise data platform with other members of the Business Intelligence team. The ideal candidate will enjoy working on a variety of projects at once, with lots of different software services & data sources, all orchestrated with Python code.
Our platform has robust analytics tools that can tell video creators where people are from, where they click, & even track where in a video someone stopped watchinggiving you insight into creating engaging content in the future.
While working as a peer to both technical & non-technical staff throughout the company, you will drive the improvement process of both our products & our business operations. You will help define data access & discoverability requirements & work to create infrastructure & services that provide access to event streams.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with other BI engineers, BI analysts, & business stakeholders to understand & plan technical requirements for BI projects
- Provide decision analysis & decision support to business stakeholders using BI & other data
- Learn quickly & deeply about Vimeos software platform, desktop & mobile applications
- Contribute software designs, code, tooling, testing, & operational support to a multi-terabyte BI data platform
- Collaborative work: iterative development, design & code review sessions
- Independent work: author & maintain tools for other developers, plus regular hackweeks to develop for the Vimeo platform
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 3+ years of engineering experience in a fast-paced environment; 1+ years of experience in scalable data architecture, fault-tolerant ETL, & monitoring of data quality in the cloud
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in Python
- Proficiency with modern source control systems, especially Git
- Experience working with non-technical business stakeholders on technical projects
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
- Airflow, Celery, or other Python-based task processing systems
- Cloud-based devops: AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Relational database design
- Kafka, Kinesis, PubSub & other durable, scalable messaging systems
- Pandas or R
- Redshift, Vertica, Snowflake, CitusDB, or other distributed columnar-store databases
- Experience with Mixpanel, Keen.io, Snowplow, or similar event tracking systems
- Experience with any distributed map/reduce framework, in Hadoop or otherwise
- Basic Linux/Unix system administration skills
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. With over 175 million members across more than 150 countries, we help anyone grow their business by making it easy to create & market high-quality, impactful videos.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, & to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent & cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration & creativity. Were committed to building a company & a community where people thrive by being themselves & are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world, & is an operating business of IAC. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.