Senior Technical Program Manager, Infrastructure Engineering (New York, NY or Remote)
At Squarespace, we empower people with creative ideas to succeed. That means delivering beautiful software products to our customers. Technical Program Managers (TPMs) contribute to that mission by making shipping products easier & more predictable.
We are looking for a TPM to partner with our Infrastructure Engineering organization to help manage & deliver projects that span both Infrastructure & the wider Engineering organization. The Infrastructure Engineering teams ensure that customers around the world can access Squarespace sites quickly & reliably, working with the product teams to maintain the reliability of our system, using a fleet of microservices, Kubernetes operators, our hybrid data centers, & an industry-leading resource efficiency to achieve outstanding results.
As an Infrastructure TPM, you will work with teams within & outside of Infrastructure to implement changes that make Squarespace more reliable, scalable, & secure. You will help the Infrastructure organization plan, track, & deliver large-scale, cross-org projects in a timely manner. Example projects include:
- Facilitate collaboration within Infrastructure to grow both our data centers & Cloud offerings
- Ensure partnership with Security teams to protect our product, infrastructure, & networks
- Improve infrastructure services to increase the speed, consistency & quality of deploying code to production environments.
This role is for an individual contributor & reports to the Infrastructure & Security TPM Manager.
You'll Get To
- Lead delivery of cross-functional projects
- Partner with engineers, team leads, managers, & other team members across the company to scope, plan, track, & deliver high-priority Infrastructure projects
- Track & reduce impediments to teams' delivery success (e.g. risks, blockers, dependencies) through relentless follow-through & accomplished communication.
- Be the point of contact for project communication regarding status, schedule, & scope updates, & progress towards target outcomes (i.e. key results)
- Help teams improve planning & delivery processes of technical projects
Who We're Looking For
- 3+ years of experience delivering cross-functional projects of increasing complexity & scale
- Experience with scalable infrastructure & technical architecture at previous companies, picking up technical concepts quickly, & building strong relationships across engineering
- Independent thinking combined with the ability to react quickly, troubleshoot, challenge ideas, & work autonomously, utilizing clear & effective communication
- Expertise in project management tools, such as Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence), as well as GSuite
- Commitment to promoting a culture of inclusion, collaboration, & trust
In your first three months, you will
- Get to know Infrastructure teams & technology through 1:1s, attending meetings & councils, & reading technical documentation
- Begin managing one to two cross-org Infrastructure projects, escalating blockers & risks to project delivery
- Establish a pace for project updates & communication with your project team & partners
- Understand interaction points between Infrastructure teams & other teams in the Squarespace Engineering organization
- Build a comfortable relationship with leadership members of your teams
- Begin drafting your career development plan with your manager
- Begin contributing to Squarespace culture in ways meaningful to you, e.g. Employee Resource Groups, planning or attending team events, joining Game Night, etc.
Working as a TPM at Squarespace
TPMs at Squarespace make shipping products easier & more predictable by driving for transparency & clear communication, working collaboratively, being radically candid, & leaving our ego at the door. We treat processes & tools not as an end, but as the means to reach business goals & empower our customers. We lift each other up & provide equal opportunities for growth.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles, & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Thank you to our friends at Awaken for inspiring the structure of this job description.