As a Legal Intern at Compass, you will work on exciting matters involving many facets of our business with a talented & collaborative group of attorneys. You are energetic & collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of Compasss business & work with employees across the company. Your contributions will be impactful, value driven & you will play an instrumental role on the Compass Legal Team.
At Compass You Will:
- Provide support to the Legal Team on a variety of legal matters, including researching legal issues, licensing laws & industry standards;
- Assist with company-wide strategic projects, including assisting with the implementation of high-impact initiatives;
- Provide support to the legal team in drafting, revising, & finalizing a wide range of commercial contracts critical to the day-to-day operations of our business
- Assist with matters of corporate governance, organizational structure, & entity management (including routine corporate filings);
- Assist with Compasss pre-litigation disputes & active litigations, including drafting demand letters, response letters & cease-and-desist letters;
- Assist with the legal tasks required to expand to new markets, including corporate governance matters, regulatory compliance & strategic planning;
- Assist with drafting internal facing guidelines & procedures.
What We Look For:
- Enrolled at an ABA-accredited law school
- Strong academic credentials & excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills & the ability to manage several simultaneous projects in a dynamic, fluid environment
- Creative problem-solver who thrives in high growth environments
- Ability to work independently & take 100% ownership of projects
- Superior communication & writing skills
- Interest in start-up culture and/or real estate
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.