AdhereTech is a digital health company (powered by software & data) located in downtown New York City - & we are changing how patients take & manage their most crucial medications. AdhereTech is able to partner with the worlds largest healthcare companies to improve care for tens of thousands of patients, every day.
Within the past year-plus, data has been published by three of the largest healthcare companies in the US, proving that AdhereTech benefits all patients, especially those with serious diseases like cancer, auto-immune disorders, rare diseases, & more: www.AdhereTech.com/Evidence
About the Role:
The Sr./Lead Electrical Engineer will have a wide range of skills, allowing them to work on all aspects of the product design lifecycle, including: Requirements definition, circuit analysis, schematic capture, PCB layout, verification & validation testing, proof-of-concept & prototype development, & general problem solving of issues in both the medical electronics & wireless world. Reporting directly to the VP, Hardware Engineer, this role will play an integral part of a small & focused team, & will have a direct impact in the success of AdhereTechs hardware projects. Ultimately, this role will be responsible for ownership & continuous improvement of AdhereTech's electronic assemblies.
- Design ownership of all of AdhereTechs electronics assemblies including design, development, manufacturing, certification, documentation & field support
- Interface with AdhereTechs contract manufacturer & component vendors for manufacturing support, cost reductions, root-cause investigations, & quality procedures
- Interface directly with software development team for hardware/firmware continuous improvement efforts
- Work very closely with the VP of Hardware Engineering to solve engineering, supply chain, logistics, & quality issues - must be willing to be a technical expert & a generalist to support the needs of a growing startup company
- Rapid prototyping of new products & components
- BSEE or MSEE degree
- Minimum 8 years of experience in medical device, aerospace, and/or consumer product electronics design
- At least 1+ years of experience of leading & working with ODM/OEM/CMs for all stages of product development including but not limited to high-volume electronics manufacturing
- At least 2+ years of experience with system-level design including circuit design, system bring-up, integration, design for manufacturing, debug
- Knowledge of low-power circuit design, DC/DC converters, power management methods, analog sensor design, capacitive/touch sensors, lithium-ion batteries, RF design best practices, IoT best practices, medical device best practices, rapid prototype development
- Knowledge of MCU processor architecture, digital circuit design & various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Knowledge of mixed-signal board-level design including multi-layer RF boards
- Experience developing robust designs for compliance with 60601 medical device standards, ESD/EMI immunities, & other applicable international standards.
- Experience integrating RF technologies such as GSM/CDMA (2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, 5G), LoRa, WIFI, BT, GPS, etc including design through regulatory certification (PTCRB, CE, UL, GCF, AT&T, WiFi Alliance etc).
- Experience leading & driving design development from schematic capture, PCB layout through assembly, manufacturing test development, in-field technical support, technical documentation creation within the parameters of an ISO 13485 quality management system
- Experience partnering with software teams to define & implement firmware, drivers & algorithms
- Strong communication & documentation skills & ability to operate autonomously in a challenging startup environment
Why You Should Join Us
- Competitive base salary & participation in the company equity plan
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits for you & your family
- Access to pre-tax commuter benefits
- Company sponsored 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- New parent leave
- Sunny new office located in downtown Manhattan with gorgeous views of the Hudson River & Statue of Liberty
- Fully stocked office snacks
- Fun & exciting team events
- Dog friendly Fridays