The Group Nine Archivist will be responsible for the provision, care, management & cataloguing of Group Nine content across its brands. In addition, they will aide in the creation of a workflow across departments to help sustain the archiving process on a go-forward basis.
- Ingest material into CatDV Database (or appropriate database) & tag with necessary metadata
- Evaluating, selecting, retrieving & arranging materials
- Answering Group Nine Library Inquiries
- Storing & preserving perishable materials where necessary
- Advising & overseeing the transition & organization of acquired assets
- Transcode files to appropriate formats for cataloguing & delivery
- Archive mezzanine level files to LTO tape (where applicable) / Hard Drive
- Upload material to online vault/server
- Retrieve & deliver brand/studios requests via Aspera, Hightail, FTP or hard drive
- Experienced with Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X/7, Compressor, Audition & After Effects
- Knowledgeable of file formats such as Prores 422, 422HQ & 4444, MXF, MP4, H.264, DPX, Mono/Stereo Audio, XMLs, EDLs
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Detail oriented, organized & able to complete requests within an allotted time frame
- Post-Production Assistant, Production Assistant, QC or DIT experience desired
- Familiar with storage brands & technology
- Ability to learn, & advise / improve upon internal technology / product
- Ability to interact effectively & harmoniously with other people
- Good at Communicating with Others
- Interest in the evolving Entertainment Business
- Post-Production career path desired
- Post Graduate Qualification in Archive Management a plus
- Festival Circuit Experience
- Conference Circuit Experience
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views & reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) & Seeker (the digital leader in science & innovation).
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, & much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employerand is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.