At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Who we are looking for
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
As the Finance & Business Development Manager, you will be working on strategic & financial projects that combine analytical rigor with the need to build & maintain strong relationships. A passion for technology, exceptional work ethic, & team-oriented mentality is essential for this high impact role.
- Develop a detailed budget & forecast models to drive strategic decision-making & financial planning including the annual budget, monthly & quarterly rolling forecasts, & multi-year financial forecasts.
- Deliver monthly financial reporting that includes analysis, key operating metrics, & explanations of variances & trends; surface actionable insights.
- Perform competitive & industry analyses to help position the company for growth opportunities.
- Build & maintain relationships with key industry partners.
- Source, negotiate, & execute partnerships & transactions.
- Support 409A valuation process.
- Ensure integrity & timely execution of all internal, executive, board & investor financial reporting.
- Complete ad hoc business projects as directed.
- BA/BS degree
- Major in finance, accounting, and/or economics preferred
- 7+ years of experience in analytical roles, such as corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, venture capital, & management consulting/business development; experience with fast growing companies is a plus
- Deep understanding of consumer-facing businesses in general, & e-commerce or marketplaces in particular
- Proficiency in Excel modeling
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting & financial reporting
- Excellent end to end project management/execution & relationship skills