Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Program Manager, Efficiency & Automation for the Consumer Trust: Fraud Ops team who is passionate about program management, reducing fraud, & scaling operations. Fraud Ops builds trust by detecting & mitigating fraud & abuse, supporting customers, & delivering insights to partner teams to help close product loopholes. This role will own our strategies & execution of roadmaps for automation, self-service, & efficiency, ensuring that the operations team can scale alongside Twilios growth. We require a fast-thinking team player who is able to wrangle complexity across multiple teams & systems, has strong project & program management skills, & is passionate about preventing fraud at scale.
Twilio is looking for a Program Manager who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading multiple cross-team projects or operations. They also have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years work experience in the high tech or e-commerce space (ideally on a fraud, risk, compliance, or security focused team)
- 3+ years project and/or management experience & experience executing against product-led roadmaps
- Experience leading multiple projects or programs & working cross-functionally to deliver results; able to design programs of work & coordinate across multiple project managers
- Experience developing key metrics, reporting & stakeholder updates related to projects/programs
- Experience developing operational processes that led to efficiency gains
- Hands-on experience fighting fraud at-scale including:
- Experience developing automated rules, models, & systems for detecting & actioning on fraud at scale
- Experience managing & implementing complex rules across multiple systems & evaluating the impact of those rules
- Experience fighting account takeovers, phishing, malware distribution, or other types of fraud is preferred but not required
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate fraud-related concepts to multiple teams to build awareness of risk & priority
- Ability to create logical views of project sequence & dependency to orchestrate work across multiple teams
As a Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Be responsible for the teams efforts to automate its decisions & scale its operations & hold accountable for related goals.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document program/project plans for cross-team initiatives & work with multiple teams both inside & outside of Consumer Trust to drive timely results.
- DRAW THE OWL: Define strategies & assist with setting the vision for automation & efficiency. Contribute to the definition, development & tracking of effective metrics & R&D improvements that drive improved operating performance. Consolidate project/program metrics & lead regular reviews at the BU level
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Prioritize & define ROI of automation & efficiency improvements in a way that is compelling & understandable stakeholders. Collaborate with Product & customer-facing teams to drive the most critical roadmap items forward.
- BE BOLD: Advocate for the team & influence cross-functional partners to implement necessary improvements using project management tools & techniques to identify project scope, schedule, & resources involving multiple stakeholders.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. We do that by focusing relentlessly on building the most robust, programmable, customer-centric communications platform on the planet. Twilio reaches more than 5 million developers globally on a daily basis & every month, billions of voice & video calls are made & billions of messages are exchanged using our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers & businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful & much more powerful.
We believe communications are at the heart of trustworthy interactions between people. In a more privacy & security focused world, Twilio is committed to ensuring that we have trustworthy customers on our platform & were able to propagate that trust into the ecosystem. This way, Twilios customers remain compliant & have the most engaged & relevant communications on the planet. This is a unique opportunity for a program management leader to take ownership of an essential part of our fraud fighting strategy & help take Twilio to the next level.
This position is a remote position (work from home) in the US with at least 10% travel expected both domestically & internationally. When visiting our offices, you will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.