Senior Product Marketing Manager
New York, United States
Brightflagis used by large corporations to transform legal service delivery. At its core is artificial intelligence that extracts insights from invoice narrativesthe pages-long descriptions of how much is being charged for a piece of legal work, & why. These insights are used to make data-driven decisions at every step of the matter lifecycle, from resource selection to price negotiation to quality of service evaluation. They also drive automation of time-intensive processes like invoice review. Customers include Uber; Telstra, Australia's largest telecommunications company; & Rimini Street, the multinational enterprise software support company.
In 2018, we tripled in size & recently raised$8.5M in venture fundingto execute an aggressive growth strategy. Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best. Our people are customer focused, take ownership & make every day count, the opportunity for direct impact atBrightflagis huge - we live our values & are in search of constant improvement.
What is the opportunity?
This newly-created position will serve as the liaison between Marketing andBrightflagsProduct & Engineering teams, developing an in-depth understanding of market requirements & product capabilities. Counterparts on the marketing team will include the leaders of demand & digital; communications; & design. If youve ever felt too salesy to be a product manager, & too product focused to be happy as a salesperson, this is the position for you. As the Senior Product Marketing Manager atBrightflag, you will report directly to the VP, Marketing.
What will I be doing?
- Being the companys expert on the competitive landscape & ensuring thatBrightflagsproduct messaging is consistent across all touchpoints
- Managing the product launch cycle & partnering with demand generation & communications to bring new features to market
- Creating & maintaining key assets for the Sales team, such as pitch decks, demo scripts, proposal templates, & other product content
- Developing internal enablement materials that help Sales articulateBrightflagsvalue, including ideal customer profile & buyer persona guides
- Championing the brand & product by speaking at conferences & managing relationships with journalists, analysts, & other industry leaders
Your typical day might include:
- Researching the competition & updating battle-cards
- Listening to customer conversations to understand market requirements
- Meeting with the Product team to plan the roll-out of upcoming features
- Authoring thought leadership & product-related content
- Collaborating with Marketing team members to evolve the website
What Skills do I need?
- Distill complex & interconnected concepts into simple frameworks that buyers & sellers can use to speak a common language
- Understand how to speak about the impact of productivity & artificial intelligence technology on business without falling into the buzzword trap
- Demonstrate an ability to enable sales teams (you must be able to provide a reference from a sales leader in order to be considered for this position)
Bonus skills & attributes
- Have worked on a geographically distributed team
- Have originated the product marketing function
- Be knowledgeable about legal service delivery
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing start-up