Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as aVisa Direct Country Sales Leader,we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Visa Directis a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants & service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology, i.e. Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer & business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payments to landscaper), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), bill payment, cross-border remittance & more. Currently, the push payments market around the world is estimated to be an $80T opportunity.
TheVisa Direct Country Sales Leaderreports to the Visa Direct Regional Sales Leader, with a dual reporting into the country MS&A leader. The role will lead sales acceleration for Visa Direct in one or more high priority countries around the world. This is a unique opportunity to be part of building a new ecosystem in the fast moving world of payments & one of the most important initiatives at Visa.
This role will be responsible for leading sales partners to achieve aggressive sales targets & ensuring breakout growth of Visa Direct in market. We will be working in an agile environment, so this person must be aggressive & proactive to ensure we achieve our goals. Must be able to pivot & adjust as new information & lessons learned come to light.
This is a matrix, cross-functional role so organisational savvy & interpersonal skills are critical, as we interface with specialised product groups, financial institution sales, merchant & acquiring sales, client consulting, marketing & corporate communications, legal, & finance to coordinate the end goal of achieving aspirational objectives.
Visa is looking for an individual that is a thought leader in strategy & business growth with a proven record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Achieve or exceedaggressive sales targetsfor Visa Direct in the country
- Achieve annual sales goals for both merchant & acquirer sales of Visa Direct, in partnership with local sales teams
- Take clients through the sales cycle from prospecting to solutioning to deal structure to contract
- Develop sales strategyfor sales acceleration, including determining high potential client targets, use cases, verticals, etc.
- Drive lead-generation & prospecting program & ensure good response to new leads coming in
- Drive four key workstreamsfor Visa Direct growth
- Work with existing Visa merchants & their Account Executives to cross-sell Visa Direct solution where a good fit exists
- Lead prospecting to non-Visa merchants to find the right contacts & build relationships, & sell where a good fit exists
- Identify & sell to acquirers, processors, gateways & FinTechs (i.e., Enablers) to have them add Visa Direct to their portfolio of offerings to their clients
- Lead a reseller program to help those Enablers grow their new Visa Direct product offering
- Work with cross functional partnersin the country to ensure we have what we need to be successful with our clients
- Partner with VD Product team to develop the go-to-market strategy & ensure we have the right value proposition & product construct to meet client needs
- Work with Marketing to ensure our client facing materials are excellent & help accelerate the learning & sales process
- Collaborate with the Communications & Product teams share progress & growth to external audiences through a communication plan, PR, conference events, etc.
- Work with Finance to ensure appropriate incentive structure, modeling & incentive deal review structure & approval process
- Work with Legal to ensure client contracts that drive to successful outcomes for both Visa & our clients
- Work with Client Services to handoff from sale to implementation & ensure well-run projects
- Drive pipeline development & pipeline review processin the country
- Lead regular pipeline review & problem solving sessions with the sales teams & help problem solve when client plans are stalled
- Support the Visa Direct Regional Sales Leader in the monthly pipeline consolidation process
- Ensure sellers are readyand able to sell Visa Direct to clients
- Work with the training liaison to drive initial & ongoing sales training across the client sales cycle
- Ensure sellers know about & have access to client-ready, legal approved sales materials
- Help sellers trouble-shoot & overcome client objections
- Work with regional global VD product teams & operations to understandstate of Issuer readiness,andstate ofclient implementationsand post-launch support
What we're after
- Creative Self-starter with a bias toward action & proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching & commercialising technology products that delight customers
- Extensive industry related & leadership experience, includingexperience leading commercialisation teams, product management, strategy organisation and/or management consulting
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on delivering for clients
- Excellent listening & communication skills (both verbal & written), & executive presence; must be able to interface with our most senior client executives
- Ability to explain complex business & technical concepts to a broad audiences in an approachable way to influence & drive adaption
- Demonstrated thought leadership & the aptitude to think creatively & identify new ways to innovate & differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
- Passionate about what you do & excited about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Ability to inspire direct reports & influence those without direct management responsibility
- Possess a high level of professionalism & leadership skills to build business relationships, trust & respect with business partners & suppliers
- Strong team player, self-motivated & the ability to work independently at coordinating across functional activities, obtain buy-in & elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately
- An advanced degree from a top school strongly preferred
- Visa or financial/payment industry knowledge required; push payments or real-time payments experience a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.