The truth is, when we started NewsCred, we didnt know much about marketing. But we did know, as individuals, that we werent satisfied with the way brands marketed to us. Fast-forward to today: Were now the worlds leading content marketing company. We build software that supports marketers in content planning, creation, publishing, & analysis. We help brands speak to their audiences by providing both bespoke original content & content licensed from the worlds leading publishers. Finally, as pioneers in our industry, we provide unique professional services to ensure that our customers find measurable success through content marketing.
NewsCred exists because of the simply stated but enormously difficult challenge that marketers have in publishing wonderful content that actually helps us, the individuals that they are ultimately trying to reach.
Learn more atnewscred.comand follow us on Twitter @newscred
A list of detailed responsibilities is below. This list is meant to be as comprehensive as possible at a general level, but is not all inclusive of the tasks an Editor may be asked to perform. The list of common responsibilities will change as NewsCreds software, service offerings & client needs evolve over time.
- Facilitate discovery sessions with clients to understand their goals, guidelines & resources related to their editorial efforts.
- Run editorial kick-offs with clients to prepare them to effectively curate licensed content & manage original content creation through our software.
Original Content Management
- Facilitate writer pitch process
- Edit original content for quality & clarity
- Project manage content production,
- Monitor & enforce writer & client deadlines
- Track & report status of each piece of content in production
- Work with writers to obtain necessary legal release forms
- Handle program communication between writers & client
- Ensure pitches & content are high quality & on brand
Licensed Content Management
- Proactively monitor the performance of a clients mix of licensed sources & regularly & concisely communicate whats working & whats not with appropriate team members across Editorial & the Client Services team.
- Review the ongoing curation work of Curators, providing feedback & approval of articles
- Provide on-going education to clients on editorial best practices.
- Effectively monitor content quality & provide editorial recommendations.
- 4-6 years experience editing and/or writing B2B focused web content for brands.
- Understanding of the healthcare industry.
- Experience in content or news ideation & production for either a news organization or a brand.
- Familiarity with digital marketing space & enthusiasm for working with commercial brands.
- Experience with creating & interpreting web analytics reports.
- Understanding of tone & voice & ability to adapt to a clients specific tone (e.g. What makes a Gawker story different from a Washington Post story?)
- Ability to concisely communicate with managers & colleagues about complex client issues.
What we can offer you!
- Everything we talk about in our How We Work document
- Best-in-class compensation plans & equity in the company
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry
- All-company Demo Day/catered lunches on Friday
- Our culture, which is the most important thing we offer: A place to do your best work & a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth industry. This is your company.
And of course we also have:
- Great benefits, including medical, vision, & dental, a 401k match, ping pong tables, & a generous vacation policy. And massage days (Dont worry, its by a professional)
Come see why our culture has won numerous awards, includingFortune Magazine's 100 Best Workplaces & a spot on the10 Best Workplaces in Advertising + Marketingfor the second year in a row!