The Head of Global Tax & Treasury Lead will lead Asanas global tax strategy & treasury function. Asana is expanding globally & this individual will oversee all aspects of the Asanas tax-related & treasury issues, strategies & compliance as well as manage both domestic & international external advisors & investment advisors.
- Build a global tax team responsible for all tax-related strategies, issues & compliance
- Globally lead technical tax research & tax planning efforts to optimize the companys worldwide tax position, support & improve tax efficiency
- Responsible for managing all transaction taxes including US sales & use tax, VAT & GST & the corresponding compliance
- Provide guidance on the tax language in customer contracts clarifying the companys tax responsibilities & provide input on the application of withholding taxes for customers in certain foreign jurisdictions.
- Own the global income tax provision including identifying & documenting uncertain tax positions & tax contingencies & all related footnotes & disclosures for the financial statements
- Help address tax related issues in determining new product/service contracting structures & commercial flow
- Manage the relationships with external advisors on various projects
- Design & Implement new systems, processes & controls with a focus on building for scale, automation & accuracy
- Manage all cash management functions including cash concentration, wires, account funding. Ensure adequate liquidity for working capital needs & invest short term excess cash.
- 12+ years of relevant tax experience, including in public accounting & at a multinational publicly listed company
- Experience with growing a tax reporting function & building processes for scale
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP tax accounting & financial statement disclosures relating to taxes
- Significant experience with managing US tax compliance obligations, including analyzing & documenting tax positions. Exposure to international tax issues
- A proven ability to research & communicate complex technical tax issues clearly to non-tax team members & work effectively across functional teams & senior leadership
- Flexibility to react quickly to changes in tax laws as well as changes in the companys products & services
- Strong project management, planning, & organizational skills including the ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- The ability to develop & mentor other members of the organization.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
Asana is a leading work management platform, helping more than 70,000 organizations & millions of users across 195 countries organize & manage all of their work, including AB-InBev, Airbnb, AllBirds, KLM Air France, Kohls, NASA, Panera, Sephora, Uber, Viessmann Group & Vox Media. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Vancouver, & Reykjavk, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative people to be a part of our inclusive culture & help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities & expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, & veteran statuses, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.