We are seeking an exceptional Senior Manager of Merchandise Planning for our core business, Zola Registry.
Zola Registry is our flagship product: a free, easy-to-use, beautiful wedding registry that lets couples register for everything from wine glasses & cookware to Airbnb gift cards & honeymoon funds. Weve experienced huge growth in the first five years of this business, & were looking for an entrepreneurial, scrappy, analytical, creative leader who can help us tackle the next phase of growth.
This position serves as the head of Merch Planning at Zola, overseeing the Inventory & Planning team & partnering with the Senior Director of Merchandising & the Merchandising Team. This role reports to the SVP of Growth.
On a day-to-day basis, this position will be responsible for building & communicating sales & inventory plans to achieve our financial objectives; delivering key insights into registry & sales performance to the buying team & broader organization; designing & implementing reporting & processes to allow the whole team to make great data-driven decisions; & leading ad hoc strategic projects that help drive merchandising & operations decisions at Zola. This person will partner cross-functionally with the Operations, Finance, & Registry teams to help us deliver for both our customers & our vendors, while developing & growing the skills of our talented Inventory & Planning team.
- Develop financial plans at a department, category, & brand level that support company sales, turn, & margin objectives; re-forecast in-season based on current trend & historical data
- Manage the OTB, including demand forecasting, inventory management, receipt flow, turn, & sell through
- Analyze historical data & current trends to identify risks & opportunities by department; then partner with merchandising team to align financials & product opportunities
- Analyze & report regularly on key indicators including merchandise sales, registry adds, completion rate, & more
- Help improve company profitability by identifying opportunities to increase margin and/or reduce costs
- Lead, manage, & develop the Planning team (currently 3 people), helping them grow their skills & achieve their career goals
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Serve as a key thought partner to the Sr. Director of Merchandising
- Bachelors required (MBA optional), or equivalent experience in retail analytics
- 5+ years of experience in an e-commerce retail merchandise planning role, preferably for a multi-brand retailer; ideal candidate will have experience with both owned inventory & dropship
- Track record of success at fast-paced, growing businesses, ideally at a tech or consumer startup
- Superior Excel & Powerpoint skills; comfortable manipulating large amounts of data & problem-solving, as well as presenting the story
- SQL knowledge strongly preferred; or ability to learn on the job within first 3-6 months
- Strong track record as a committed people manager who hires & develops the best
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize & manage competing tasks in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated skill with root cause analysis; able to spot when something isnt quite right & audit with limited guidance
- Strong communicator, both verbally & in writing
- A structured & creative thinker, able to toggle easily between the big themes & the little details
- A go-getter who can self-manage, define & execute new processes & strategies
- A humble leader with a collaborative spirit, compassionate personality & great sense of humor
- A person who will uphold Zolas values & has unquestionable integrity & ethics
To apply, please submit your resume & cover letter, which includes a brief description about why youre interested in Zola & in this role specifically. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites & mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, & Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.