As the Senior Tax Accountant, you will be responsible for assisting with the Company's taxes, including accounting, compliance, & planning work. You will work with internal business groups & external tax professionals to complete projects ranging from compliance to complex transactions. The Senior Tax Accountant will report directly to the Tax Manager.
Who you're committed to being:
- You are someone looking to join animpactful & growing public company with a unique & diverse tax profile.
- You understand how important statutory deadlines are & are committed to meeting those deadlines
- You see a problem & are willing to speak up & take the initiative to find a solution.
- You are a creative problem solver & use logical reasoning to think through issues but are also willing to ask for help when you need it.
- You are a self-starter & don't need to be instructed on how to perform every aspect of your role
- You enjoy learning & are active in expanding your understanding through research & other learning opportunities.
What you'll own:
- Play major role in the completion of the Federal, State, Local & foreign income/franchise tax returns
- Maintain tax records used in return preparation
- Assist with the compilation & preparation & review of quarterly & annual tax provision calculations (ASC 740)
- Prepare responses to Federal & State Notices
- Perform research projects as assigned, including research & analysis of proposed & existing business transactions
- Oversee maintenance of tax fixed asset books in fixed asset software
- Work on various tax planning projects
- Assist with indirect tax filings, including sales & use tax, property tax, business licenses, etc.
- Assist in preparation & review of non-US income tax filings
Experience you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in tax/accounting or related field
- CPA and/or Master's degree preferred
- 2-3 years of tax experience in a public accounting firm or large company
- Partnership tax experience strongly preferred
- Experience with GoSystem and/or OneSource Income Tax software
- Strong research capabilities within RIA, CCH, and/or BNA
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Strong communication skills - both oral & written
- Ability to see process weaknesses & to suggest & implement improvements
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft & take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles & become scalable, reliable & secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us & our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.