As a Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure, youll help design & implement our mission-critical data infrastructure that seamlessly enables mass-scale, highly complex & data intensive operational service alongside cutting-edge algorithmic & analytics research for our global ride-sharing service.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Build & manage the data infrastructure at scale that enables the rest of the company to easily interact with the mass-scale company data.
- Design & implement data pipelines from concepts to reality.
- Identify, design, & implement internal process improvements: re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability & stability, automating processes, optimizing data delivery, etc.
- Drive speed, simplicity & robustness by automating production deployments.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer developing production quality software.
- Strong track-record of building, launching, & interacting with data pipelines at scale in both a batch & streaming fashion.
- Proficiency in SQL, & Python or other programming languages.
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools.
- Experience with relational SQL & NoSQL databases.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc. is a plus.
- Concise: you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way.
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines & methods.
- Team worker: you understand the goals of the team & work towards them.
- Pragmatic: you hear about a difficult problem & are able to transform it into a simple one (or more) that you can easily solve
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. Were building revolutionary technology thats changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation thats friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the worlds biggest cities & is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. Weve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, & were growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries & deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If youre someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, & loves getting things done, wed love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.