Have you ever A/B tested a recipe, including a statistical significance calculation? Do you get excited about your favorite apps data model, even if you dont work there? Do you dream in SQL?
Then wed like to cordially invite you to geek out on data with us as the newest member of Updaters Data team, as we continue our quest to use data to improve business outcomes & make Updater a data-driven company. By partnering with teams across Updater, Data enriches customer experience & helps develop new products, drives strategy & discovers insights, evangelizes data-driven decision-making, & facilitates data access & education, all in the service of Updaters vision of being the leading platform for the relocation industry.
As a Data Analyst, youll be on the front lines working with stakeholders to perform analysis & learn about our users, evaluate experiment results, make business recommendations, build business-critical reporting, provide data education, & lots more. If you love using data to influence decision-making & arent satisfied until a project is driven to meaningful impact, we want to work with you!
About the Role
- Partner with our Product team to deliver a holistic performance measurement suite for the launch of a major new product; design & evaluate optimization-focused A/B tests for that product after launch.
- Collaborate with our Manager of Client Success to design & build new data models which allow for increased insight into client health & churn risk.
- Leverage data to define key user cohorts to be reached out to for product design user interviews.
- Work with fellow Data team members to deploy a company-wide data education course to help all Updateers bring data to bear on their toughest business problems.
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from your customers point of view in order to anticipate their needs -- bonus points for being able to incept stakeholders before they themselves know what they need.
- Humility: you have an opinion, but arent afraid to be proven wrong, & are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem.
- Strong Communication: youre as comfortable talking with our Senior API Engineer as you are with our Lead Product Manager.
- Comfortable with Ambiguity: you excel at whittling a project down to a question that can be answered by hard data -- & then moving mountains to answer it!
- 2+ years as an analyst in a fast-paced work environment; proven ability to execute on impactful data modeling, reporting, & insights generation initiatives.
- Expert SQL skills.
- Basic knowledge of statistics.
Bonus Points For
- Experience with modern reporting tools (Looker, Metabase, Superset, etc).
- Experience implementing a data education program.
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV & internet, & much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily & relocation companies) rely on Updaters real estate products to save clients hours with a branded & personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors), & more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest-rated tech company on the list, & ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.