Squarespace's People team is seeking a Director, HR Business Partners to join our growing People team. You will oversee a team of global HR Business Partners, supporting the talent strategies of the teams responsible for building, selling, & supporting our product. Working with the broader People Leadership Team & our Learning & Development experts, you will contribute to building & scaling the strategy behind our approach to talent management. You will lead the HRBPs in setting up & enhancing the structures & supporting mechanisms to ensure talent is a top priority for the company. You will serve as a thought leader & partner to the HRBPs as they work with senior leaders across the organization on matters such as feedback, compensation, organizational design & succession planning, change management, employee relations, & inclusive culture building. As a key senior leader reporting to the Chief People Officer, you'll also work with the broader People Team leaders on projects to cultivate our unique culture & people practices.
You will report to our Chief People Officer. We are open to remote candidates as long as you reside in an approved state (please see the application question).
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Working with our L&D leader & our OD expert, develop a measurable talent strategy; use data to share trends & applicable insights with our senior leadership team.
- Set the vision, structure & strategy for the HRBP team, helping them support a growing, global client base. Enhance the team's effectiveness by bringing more value to their stakeholders, & providing a more strategic level of impact to the business.
- Mentor a team of 4-5 HRBPs, providing feedback & career growth.
- Present, advocate for, & influence outcomes for operational excellence with partners across the organization.
- Coach senior leaders on how to deliver performance management, leveling, compensation, & career pathing conversations.
- Partner with our Diversity & Inclusion team, People Leadership Team & cross-functional D&I Task Force to execute our multi-year strategy aimed at attracting & advancing underrepresented talent & driving a culture of inclusion.
- Partner with our Compensation team to lead review cycles across a diverse set of teams & be an expert on our compensation philosophy & practices.
- Partner with the Training & Development leaders to develop manager & team trainings focused on development, culture & career progression.
- Partner with the Recruiting team leaders on strategic headcount planning, identifying essential roles & succession planning.
- 15+ years of working experience as an HR professional, including 7+ years of experience managing an HR team
- Demonstrated competence in garnering support for talent management strategies with alignment across executives & employees at all levels;
- Significant experience leveraging influencing skills across a broad spectrum of employees; able to recognize, engage & adapt across cultural differences
- Practical experience dealing with both domestic & international HR & recruiting practices, including employment law, payroll & benefits administration, the competitive talent landscape in tech with regard to benefit packages & total delivered comp, etc.
- Ability to draw from technical expertise, empirically based research & prior experience to ultimately tailor solutions to meet the needs of an organizations unique culture & population
- Strong analytical skills & ability to translate metrics, research, & trends into strategy
- Strong bias towards teamwork & collaboration: communicates often with peers, presocializes work, & manages change with precision & empathy
- Strong bias towards focus & action: resourceful, execution oriented, & to able to work in an ambiguous, fast paced, high growth, deadline oriented environment, all while handling multiple projects & priorities simultaneously
- Certifications in change management, coaching, compensation, or organizational design
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.