At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live & get around our communities. Lyfts Bikes & Scooters team is growing rapidly, & we are looking for an amazing Materials Planning professional to help us scale. Come be part of a new team at Lyft focused on enabling & empowering a whole new business to deliver at scale.
This exciting role will be focused on hardware solutions to meet our riders last mile needs on Bikes & Scooters.
- Material demand planning, inventory control & logistics readiness from vendors to OEMs
- Build models to forecast spare parts consumption & determine stocking policy
- Submit purchase requisitions, track POs, submit goods receipts & process procurement invoices
- Lead material planning efforts for late-stage engineering builds & mass production
- Manage communication with vendors & contracted manufacturing partners closely to drive & track materials & shipments, troubleshooting any issues that may arise
- Communicate information on part availability & schedule risks to internal stakeholders & manage expectations for build readiness
- Strategize optimal transport modes & frequency of shipments with a focus on costs & delivery times in liaison with internal stakeholders, suppliers & logistics providers
- Participate in weekly S&OP meetings & use outputs to reposition inventory levels where required
- Analyze project costs to support quarterly budget KPIs. Build bottoms-up annual budgets for procurement operations
- Traveling internationally to support engineering & production builds
- BS/BA degree, or 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience working with SQL & RDBMS
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills; able to work in a large cross- functional team environment
- Experience with planning in a supply chain organization
- Knowledge & interest in building ERP & MRP system features
- Meticulous attention to detail; flexible with the ability to react to changes in a time-sensitive environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
- Able & willing to travel internationally
- Prior experience working with overseas vendors
- Positive customer-first attitude
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.