Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The Revenue Senior Accountant will serve a key role in a world-class finance team in a rapid growth environment. The finance team serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic & enterprise endeavors & works closely with business partners on a daily basis.The Revenue Senior Accountant has ownership of all accounting aspects of revenue recognition & must understand, analyze & communicate financial impacts to revenue throughout the organization. This position has a critical & highly visible role in the process design, implementation, documentation & accurate recording of revenue.
- Evaluate customer contracts to ensure that revenue is recognized accurately in accordance with ASC606
- Perform data analytics for collection trends
- Monitor key accounting estimates for revenue recognition
- Manage month-end & quarter-end revenue close, including reconciliations & related fluctuation analysis & other reporting requirements
- Collaborate with Sales, Legal, & Business Development teams to review & evaluate the impact of draft contracts for revenue recognition
- Work with the FP&A team to provide revenue assurance in the pricing models & new product introductions
- Help prepare data & other support information requests as needed for audits & reviews conducted by external auditors
- Manage the process of maintaining & updating the Company Revenue Accounting Policy
- Participate in developing & maintaining strong internal controls, ensuring quality controls over revenue transactions & reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3+ years' experience with Big 4 accounting firms and/or industry (2+ years in revenue recognition) required
- In-depth knowledge of revenue recognition guidance under ASC606
- In-depth knowledge & hands on experience working with GAAP multi-element revenue recognition accounting standards, preferably in the software industry
Skills & Abilities
- A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear & concise manner
- Ability to effectively work with all levels & cross-functionally within the company, including Sales, Legal, & Business Development
- Strong organizational skills & ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, with a sharp focus on details
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.