Today, CommerceHub is the #1 ecommerce network used by the worlds leading retailers & brands to extend their retail & ecommerce businesses.
Consumer expectations have shifted. In the now economy, they expect that our customers have what they want, in stock, ready for delivery, & with an experience that delights them at every step of the buying journey.
We believe we have a unique opportunity to help retailers, brands & suppliers connect to customers & meet the challenges of the now economy. Think that sounds interesting? It is!
Our remote-first team is growing, & were looking to add great people like you, who are ready to use their expertise to transform the world of ecommerce.
The Engineering department at CommerceHub employs some of the top engineering talent who are constantly working to improve on processes, quality & techniques, with the goal of producing the highest quality software solutions in the industry. The lines between traditional QA & software engineering are blurred here, with quality being considered at all stages of development.
Our team is comprised of very talented & highly motivated individuals, who pride themselves on working smarter, not harder. Were empowered to make local decisions, reducing the overhead of getting things done. We aim for operational excellence, having a DevOps culture & a you build it, you run it mentality. We favor a Lean approach to our product development, following agile workflows such as Scrum & Kanban depending on the directive of the team. We welcome new technologies & are constantly self-evaluating our tech stack to make sure we are providing software of the highest quality. Continuous Delivery is important to us & we are constantly looking to improve our automated testing & continuous integration.
- Team Collaboration
- Technological Evangelism
- Requirements Gathering
- Participate in on-call rotation to support the you build it, you own it mantra
- AWS services (Lambda, DynamoDB, Kinesis, RDS, ECS, & others)
- Event-driven serverless development concepts
- Experience with other cloud technologies
- Solid understanding on CI/CD tools/pipelines
- Ability to develop robust & secure code.
Successful candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years experience. 10-15+ preferred.
- You view software engineering as a craft & welcome the opportunity to share knowledge with fellow enthusiasts.
- A person who can thrive in a highly autonomous & self directed environment
- You find learning new technologies/patterns exciting & love experimenting with them.
- Good enough is not in your vocabulary. You find innovative ways to ensure quality without restricting development speed.
- You understand the balancing game an engineer has to play while weighing new feature development with technical debt.
- A blank piece of paper doesnt scare you. You are excited to design products from the ground up.
- For you, it is more than a job.
- Ability to prioritize tasks & work independently
- Excellent analytical, decision-making & problem solving skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with keen attention to detail
What its like to work at CommerceHub
We have big plans for growth & transformation & were doing it with a remote-first team across the world.
Remote first gives us more flexibility to help each other do our best work. It means that work-life balance is more than a clich. Weve built balance into our culture & its at the core of everything we dohow we collaborate & make change happen.
Connected by our drive to transform ecommerce, our culture is driven by our employees. We trust each other, work hard & respect both personal & professional boundaries, knowing that were at our best when were intentional about how & where we work. We believe autonomy leads to great work & an even bigger impact.
- Medical, dental & vision benefits: Affordable health care plans with premiums that will not exceed 5% of your salary & company HSA contributions, starting on Day 1
- A 6% 401(k) match
- Competitive time off package with 20 days of Paid Time Off, 9 paid company holidays, 2 paid floating holidays, 7 paid sick days, & a paid volunteer day
- 4 weeks paid Parental (Bonding) Leave
- Remote work stipend for internet, cell phone, office furniture & supplies
- Culture & team-building activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition assistance
- Career development opportunities
- Charitable contribution match per team member
CommerceHub is an Equal Opportunity Employment & Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants & teammates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.