Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
As the Transformation Project Manager of Project By Slice, you will own the end-to-end project management of new shop launches & physical transformation projects for Accelerate/Project by Slice, one of our critical growth initiatives. We are looking for someone with strong organizational & communication skills along with a passion for managing the details. Strong candidates thrive in an ever-changing startup environment & are willing to contribute wherever necessary to get the job done on time & on budget. You will report to the Head of Transformation.
What Youll Do:
- Project manage entire new restaurant launches & existing restaurant renovation projects from conception to completion
- Define the scope of projects including goals, deliverables, schedules & budgets - breaking down complex multi-month projects into component parts & phases, create execution plans for each phase, & drive internal & external project teams towards that plan
- Keep projects on track through clear task lists, issue tracking status reports, meeting notes, & significant time on-site with our restaurant partners
- Coordinate logistics & sharing of key information between Slices internal teams, our restaurant partners, & the vendors needed to execute on the project
- Liaise with contractors, architects, FF&E vendors, & others on-site during construction
- Review renderings, floor plans, equipment lists, & other construction-related documents to guide our restaurant partners & ensure proper execution of the project at all phases
- Have a clear understanding of potential blockers & escalate them through the proper channels to ensure project success
- Manage project financials including overall project budget & reporting
- Jump into work streams, executing modules of work as necessary to push projects forward
What were looking for:
- 5+ years in project management roles ideally opening and/or renovating restaurants or retail spaces
- Experience managing multiple projects & external stakeholders
- Ability to build complex cross-functional project roadmaps, document workflows, create processes, & manage budgets
- Collaborative & flexible attitude & ability to handle shifting priorities
- Ability to assess needs, challenges, & risks, propose solutions, & know where to look or who ask if you dont know the answer
- Strong communication skills both internally & externally, notably an ability to influence & motivate people across a broad variety of job functions
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple tasks & projects at once without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Solid track record of delivering projects on time
- Excellent time management, & proven ability to multitask, work with tight deadlines & prioritize tasks
- Strong can do attitude
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, & shared services they need to serve todays digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains & form the nations largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops & discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his familys New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If youre ambitious, interested in growing your career, & hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC.
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.