JW Player is the world's most widely-adopted independent online video technology platform, generating more than 18 billion video views monthly from over 2 billion unique users. Our software powers the video experience on sites that range from born-on-the-web digital publishers to global broadcasters.
As the Product Manager for OTT (over-the-top) you will drive JW Players OTT service offering which addresses an important need for our customers to create video apps in key platforms such as Roku, Apple, Fire TV, Tizen, & Android. In this role you will set the business & market strategy for the OTT products as well as defining the offering & advancing the features & functions of our products. In addition, you will work closely with the partner team & external partners to create & deliver a fully featured offering.
This role reports to the SVP Broadcast Products, & will set the overall OTT strategy & vision while executing against the plan created.
The ideal candidate will have experience with OTT and/or mobile apps, building solutions with external partners, working with APIs, & working with app developers. You must be able to thrive & succeed in a fast-paced environment, & not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. In this role, you are not only able to develop & drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in, & get the job done.
As a Product Manager, OTT, you will:
- Define & execute product vision & strategy for OTT products by interacting with key clients, partners, & through market research
- Set & manage KPIs for product growth to help attain company goals
- Provide sales, support, & documentation for internal & external consumers
- Work with multiple stakeholders, both internal & external, to gather & prioritize product/feature requirements & deliver product functionality
- Understand customer needs & requirements, plus anticipating future trends that will serve their needs
- Act as product owner in an Agile development process
- Drive prioritization across multiple engineering teams, communication with internal stakeholders, & user testing with customers.
- Serve as technical liaison to the Support Team & respond to high priority customer questions
- Review & write functional specifications to communicate & guide product development
- Integrate & analyze product usage to continually optimize performance & user experience
Who You Are:
- 5+ years in product management or related work experience & 1+ years working on OTT streaming services for the web and/or native apps
- A record of taking products to market from idea conception to launch in a fast-paced environment.
- Delivered products at scale by working with customers to solve their unique needs.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with both internal & external stakeholders
- Experience with working with multiple partners to build a product
- UI/UX experience
- Experience with APIs for developers
- Technical background with a B.S or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you & ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Private Health Insurance
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) & Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.