Namelys mission is to help mid-sized companies build a better workplace. Were an HR, payroll, & benefits platform that provides the technology, data, & support that HR professionals need & employees love to use. People are at the center of everything we do, & we believe every company & employee deserves a great workplace, supported by innovative HR technology. At Namely, we are problem solvers, self-starters, & obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients.
Do you have a passion for building data architectures that enable smooth & seamless product experiences? Are you an all-around data enthusiast with a knack for ETL? At Namely, we're hiring a Staff Data Engineer to help build & optimize the foundational architecture of our product's data.
Weve built a strong data engineering team to date, but have a lot of work ahead of us, including:
- Migrating from relational databases to a streaming & big data architecture, including a complete overhaul of our data feeds
- Defining streaming event data feeds required for real-time analytics & reporting
- Leveling up our platform, including enhancing our automation, test coverage, observability, alerting, & performance
As a Staff Data Engineer, you will work with the development team to construct a data streaming platform & data warehouse that serves as the data foundations for the Namely product.
Help us scale our business to meet the needs of our growing customer base & develop new products on the Namely platform. You'll be a critical part of our growing company, working on a cross-functional team to implement best practices in technology, architecture, & process. Youll have the chance to work in an open & collaborative environment, receive hands-on mentorship & have ample opportunities to grow & accelerate your career!
- Build our next generation data warehouse
- Build our event stream platform
- Translate user requirements for reporting & analysis into actionable deliverables
- Enhance automation, operation, & expansion of real-time & batch data environment
- Manage numerous projects in an ever-changing work environment
- Extract, transform, & load complex data into the data warehouse using cutting-edge technologies
- Build processes for topnotch security, performance, reliability, & accuracy
- Provide mentorship to fellow team members
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Operations Research, or related field required
- 10+ years of experience building data pipelines
- 4+ years of experience building data frameworks for unit testing, data lineage tracking, & automation
- Fluency in Scala & at least one other server-side programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go)
- Proficient on Apache Spark
- Familiarity with streaming technologies (e.g., Kafka, Kinesis, Flink)
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Machine Learning
- Familiarity with Looker a plus
Namely was founded in 2012 to create an HR platform as intuitive as social media, but powerful enough to support the complexity of todays workforce. Our belief is that great companies are built on a great employee experience, which is why we created the first HR platform employees love to use. In fact, unlike most traditional HR software, 78% of our clients employees log in to Namely at least once per month! Namely is backed by some amazing VCs including Sequoia, & serves companies in just about every industry & state nationwide. We love mid-sized companies because theyre mission-driven, client-obsessed, & care deeply about their employees... just like us. We believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career, & were just getting started.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional & voluntary, & none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.