We're looking for an A&R Manager with responsibility to expand the A&R efforts for the creator services team. Working directly with top tier talent, managers, agents, lawyers, labels & producers to develop SoundClouds creator services relationships within the industry with a strong background in A&R, product management, deal flow & business development..
The ideal candidate will be a clear, confident communicator with deep music industry knowledge & experience in, deal negotiations, distribution deals, publishing deals, DSP marketing & artist development. A demonstrated history of doing high caliber deals is a must.
You will be working within the creator services division, reporting directly to Sr. Manager of A&R.
As an A&R Manager, you are a modern tastemaker ensuring a healthy supply of quality music from great artists. In this role, you will develop the creative direction for the label considering qualitative & quantitative indicators & team feedback. You will utilize your extensive network & proven track record of building exceptional relationships to identify artists, mgmt companies, labels & producer collaboration opportunities to secure creative & beneficial deal structures. Liaising closely with the Marketing & Commercial departments during the A&R process of priority projects, you will lean on their support to scope out release strategies. Closely monitoring the success of the artist & record performance, you will adjust the artist roster strategy as necessary.
- Budget planning & strategy coordination between the A&R & marketing teams
- Acting as the air-traffic-controller between artists, managers, labels & our internal teams
- KPI planning, tracking & execution
- Prospect new artists & releases
- Build & nurture relationships with key partners & stakeholders
- Report on leads, opportunities & developments to the Head of A&R
- Set A&R target list with monthly, quarterly & annual signing goals
- Identify genre, cultural & pop culture trends to keep SoundCloud ahead of the musical curve
- Contract negotiation liaising between both parties
- Create a list of targets based off of internal departmental strategic goals, & cross-department recommendations assessing trends & data
- Work with the A&R team to manage the scouting & procurement of new talent
- Adhere to SC standard operating procedures, ensure distribution deadlines are met
- Work with the Marketing team to ensure timely dissemination of release information, goals & targets
- Join all A&R meetings
- Provide weekly, monthly & quarterly performance reports
- A minimum five (5+) years music industry experience in any of the following: artist management, business development, label services, artist relations, DSP marketing & product management
Digitally savvy, with a passion for new technology & an ability to think creatively about artist needs.
- Youre a confident & personable self-starter.
- You can easily carry conversations with industry leaders & artists.
- Superior attention to detail & strong organizational skills. CRM experience a plus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, within tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform & global community where anyone can create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, & strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.