Engineering Team Manager, Media Platform
Squarespace is looking for an Engineering Team Manager to direct & scale the Media Platform team. The Media Platform team powers the processing & serving of Audio, Video, & Images at Squarespace.
You will report to a manager in New York City.
- Develop engineers through coaching, mentoring & feedback
- Have regular 1-1s with team members, & take an active role in code reviews for team members
- Work with a variety of partners. Develop the teams roadmap.
- Partner with other leaders to influence product, architectural & organizational choices
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Grow the technical expertise & development practices of your teams
- Manage a small team of engineers
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering manager/technical leadership role
- Experience building / managing a team of software engineers
- Experience designing highly-scalable & distributed backend systems in a microservice architecture
- Experience managing multiple, concurrent projects
- Experience with Java, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, & distributed systems
- A deep passion for mentoring engineering teams
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.