Funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moodys, Sequoia Capital, GV, Riverwood Capital, & others with over $290 million in funding, SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings & the only service with over 2M+ companies continuously rated. Founded in 2013 by security & risk experts Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy & Sam Kassoumeh, SecurityScorecards patented rating technology is used by over 16,000 organizations for enterprise risk management, third-party risk management, board reporting, due diligence, & cyber insurance underwriting. This is done by measuring your & your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of "A" through "F" based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. SecurityScorecard continues to make the world a safer place by transforming the way companies understand, improve & communicate cybersecurity risk to their boards, employees, & vendors.
SecurityScorecard is headquartered in NYC with over 260+ employees globally. Our culture has helped us be recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace," "Best Places to Work in NYC" by Crain's NY, & one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
We will provide you with an opportunity to scale a high growth SaaS Company as we are eying potential IPO. This is an excellent opportunity to join a great tam of dedicated, smart, experienced, & motivated professionals!
As Director of Reporting & Technical Accounting, you will lead our internal & external reporting & technical accounting activities & will manage staff responsible for certain accounting & month end close processes. This position will exercise a high level of independence, accountability, teamwork, good judgement, & attention to detail. You are a strong communicator with an interest in the technical side of accounting & the ability to clearly summarize recommendations & conclusions in written form, & you are comfortable with ambiguity. You have a strong background in generally accepted accounting principles, financial reporting, & internal controls. As you progress, opportunities to take on additional responsibilities exist. This position will report to our VP, Corporate Controller.
- Prepare and/or review financial statements & associated footnotes in compliance with Regulation S-X for our annual audit & monthly/quarterly/annual reporting
- Prepare and/or review required monthly/quarterly/annual debt covenant information, & liaise directly with lenders on an ad hoc basis
- Interpret U.S. GAAP accounting standards to determine the accounting & financial reporting treatment for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements
- Author technical accounting memorandums for significant transactions & provide guidance to other members of the Accounting & Finance teams
- Collaborate with various stakeholders including Business Development & Legal to support due diligence, & provide accounting guidance & insight around proposed transactions
- Manage month-end close processes for certain accounting areas, including reviewing monthly journal entries & account reconciliations
- Manage compliance with our internal control processes related to your assigned area, including identifying areas for improvement & assisting in the design & documentation of new controls or modification of existing controls
- Create & maintain documentation on processes & procedures related to assigned areas
- Systems implementations on as needed basis
- Ad hoc special projects
- Strong knowledge of technical GAAP & SEC reporting requirements
- Minimum 9 years relevant work experience, preferably in the technology sector
- Public accounting firm experience with a Big 4 accounting firm, or equivalent, working with a mix of private & public company clients strongly preferred
- A solid understanding of the concepts of internal control design & operational effectiveness
- Experience coaching & mentoring other team members
- CPA or equivalent certification required
- Strong technical accounting background, with the ability to effectively research, interpret & document accounting analysis & conclusions.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Superior organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Advanced time-management skills to handle multiple deliverables simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth & rapidly changing environment. We are looking for an individual who can learn complex processes quickly & take on new tasks including leading projects, while also managing recurring functions. Someone that is comfortable dealing with ambiguity & quickly shifting between tasks as priorities change.
- Great problem solving & analytical skills to review information, draw conclusions & develop actionable recommendations. This includes a high sense of professional skepticism & the ability to identify & resolve accounting issues.
- Must demonstrate & maintain the highest level of ethical standards.
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health & dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, & much more! SecurityScorecard embraces diversity.
We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring & retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, & perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit & do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.