Dom & Tom is an end-to-end digital product development agency focused on emerging technologies. From startups to enterprise solutions the apps we produce for our clients support their strategic initiatives first & foremost through open collaboration, forward-thinking user experience, engaging design, & cross-platform development for both web & mobile. Dom & Tom has launched 400+ web projects & 120 native mobile applications with teams located in New York, Chicago, & Los Angeles.
Founded in 2009 by twin brothers, Dom & Tom launched as a small shop & have continued to expand year after year. Currently, we have offices in New York, Chicago, & Los Angeles. As a growing company, we continually look for talented, versatile self-starters who build relationships, lead teams & consult clients on digital strategy initiatives. Our motto is DO GOOD. BE GOOD. & we strive for that in the services we provide, the products we deliver & in our Company culture which values ethical behavior & respect of our fellow employees.
As a QA Tester for UI, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of digital deliverables throughout the project life cycle. You will work under the management of a Sr QA Lead to create & implement manual test cases. But, you will work independently once you have obtained domain knowledge & project process mastery. You will perform test execution & actively report bugs both during the development phase & complete routine regression/ exploratory testing on new features.
We are interested in an applicant with foundational level automation testing experience. There is a strong likelihood that the manual testing will evolve into automated testing, so basic QA engineering experience is required.
- Develop manual test cases & test scenarios that provide thorough coverage of implemented features, configuration changes & other change requests
- Perform Functional, Integration, Cross-Browser & Regression tests in Alpha, Beta & Production Environments
- Identify, isolate, report & track issues to closure, in an issue tracking system
- Review requirements, & provide feedback on completeness, testability & other risk areas
- Review change requests & provide level of effort estimates of QA effort
- Provide regular status updates to QA lead
- 4-6 years of experience in manual QA
- 1-2 years in automated QA - Selenium experience
- Java experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Proficiency with project tracking software, JIRA
- Experience with web application testing in an enterprise business environment
- Ability to create test cases based on user stories, business requirements & acceptance criteria
- Ability to execute QA testing, interpret test results, & document outcomes
- Experienced in focusing on the accuracy of UI elements: behavior & aesthetics
- Strong ability to communicate seamlessly with co-worker & clients
- Excellent attention to detail
- Bachelors degree, preferably in information systems, computer science, or business administration
- Ability to work on-site in NYC
Nice to Haves:
- Proficiency with basic SQL commands & concepts
- Experience in the financial industry