Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Client Support Services (CSS) provides industry-leading operational support to Visa's clients around the world. With our deep knowledge & expertise, we are a key internal partner to product & technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development & successful deployment of Visa products & services. In addition to supporting client implementation of Visa products & services globally, CSS is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization & clients, including Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing & configuration, & client tools. The team also provides support for Visa's DPS, CyberSource & Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones & borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer & merchant. We are trusted partners to Visa's clients, providing expertise to support & successfully grow their business.
Global Client Support Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors & merchants worldwide to develop & deliver the support model for Visa This includes day-to-day operations & product support, back office support & customer performance reporting.
This is primarily an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems & taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Could also include some team oversight responsibility within the segment. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist & works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- Considered the functional expert for their client's operational back office business.
- Provide insight & input within cross-functional Visa organizations for new or changing products & services, which may affect their clients, including Visa Resolve Online & Visa Claims Resolution.
- Serve as client liaison by delivering production & testing technical support & operational service needs for clients using Visa Resolve Online (VROL).
- Develop & executive client segment support model & service structure.
- Provide overall segment management & oversight.
- Coordinate internal resources to accomplish Visa & client objectives, & ensure processing system performance standards are met & that the client perspective is represented within the organization.
- Provide leadership to segment in support of management
- Coordinate with back office support groups to diagnose reported issues from clients.
- Collaborate with Account Management teams to review escalated or complex issues & manage expectations.
- Review Operating Regulations, Technical Specifications, Reference & Administration Guides to familiarize & research application or processing issues.
- Provide proactive planning & operational support to ensure that both the client & Visa are operating in the most effective & cost efficient manner while managing costs & increasing overall transaction performance (including disputes & back office processing).
- Stay current with industry & client trends & maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products & services.
- Help to drive additional revenue streams into imbedded client base.
- Represent complex customer change requests, system or operational requirements; negotiate & manage expectations internally & externally.
- Work with Implementation team on ongoing projects, & issue resolution.
- Develop & manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, special projects & client-driven continuous improvement plans. Identify & analyze processing issues with client impacts; consistently communicate situational status & resolution; advise on SLA performance both internally & externally & develop improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
- Support biannual business enhancements, software releasesand all Visa mandates, including training.
- Collaborate with Product & Sales team to identify additional business opportunities.
- Perform ongoing proactive operational reviews to include billing & transaction processing.
- Act as a mentor & train team members.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 10+ years' experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card software or information services.
- Must be a self-starter with proven abilities in organizational, conceptual, & logical problem solving.
- Experience leading a team of professionals in a customer facing organization.
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff & management at all levels.
- Ability to set priorities & manage customer expectations, & work both as part of a team & independently.
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information & apply to business solutions.
- Proficiency providing technical & consultative support to external customers & identify business needs.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business & customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Experience & proficiency in client consultative services.
- Experience of working in the payments industry and/or eCommerce
- Knowledge of payment and/or risk management systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, XML & scriptingtools, project management applications, management & monitoring tools, SharePoint, & other collaboration tools. Strongly preferred experience with: Visa Resolve Online, TLC, Dynamics, AskNow, Core & Configuration systems.
- Excellent verbal, written, problem solving, project management, presentation & interpersonal skills are required.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.