Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
Our IT Operations team is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to build & manage our corporate IT infrastructure, systems, & tools that supports our fast-growing team. We are looking for an outstanding engineer that has a passion for creating efficient systems with an emphasis in scalable growth. The strongest candidates will have proven expertise in deploying, managing, & automating SaaS solutions, multi-platform networking & server administration experience, & a strong customer-service focus (among others). Tradeshift counts on our IT Operations team to provide exceptional availability, scalability & security for our internal infrastructure. You'll be expected to..
Tradeshift is looking for an experienced IT Systems Engineer who will design, implement, maintain & manage corporateIT systems, including infrastructure, services & tools.You will report to the Director of Global IT, & youwill lead the administration, installation & troubleshooting of corporate hardware, software & services.
What a day is like
As the IT Systems Engineer, you will develop & maintain documentation of hardware, systems & software licensing. Furthermore, you will be part of recommending enhancements to existing systems, processes, & policies. You will also act asthe technical on-site project lead for installations & upgrades of Infrastructure. Here are a few things you may do dat to day:
- Provide end-user technical support & issue resolution.
- Provide in-person customer service & issue triaging.
- Contribute to the employee onboarding & offboarding process in Tradeshift's global offices.
- Be part of the coordination of corporate IT services/accounts, both SaaS & on-premise.
You're perfect for this role if:
- You have 5+ years in information technology, system/network administration, or similar roles.
- You have experience or a strong desire to work in a startup environment.
- You have exceptional people & communication skills & a strong drive to solve people's problems.
You also have experience with the following technologies:
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Active Directory & Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- SSO/identity management
- Amazon Web Services architecture (EC2, VPC, etc.)
- OSI switching & routing (Layer 2, Layer 3), wireless access
- Including: Cisco, Juniper, HP, Aruba
- Linux server administration
- Including: Debian, RHEL, etc.
- OS X+Windows workstation use & troubleshooting
- Mobile device management (Casper, SCCM, etc.)
- Scripting/automation (Python, Ruby, Powershell, etc.)
- Customer service
- Technical & security compliance (PCI, SOC 2, etc.)
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, & their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong matchin the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan & at home internet
- Lunch & snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package & equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, & many more.