At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
We are hiring an outstanding Commercial Counsel to join our expanding Legal team. You will work closely with Lyfts global supply management & brand, marketing & entertainment teams. You will review, negotiate & execute a large number of commercial contracts to support our growth & operations, including supply chain agreements, SaaS agreements, marketing & entertainment contracts.
The successful candidate will be organized, an entrepreneurial & resourceful self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced, multifaceted, dynamic environment, excellent at building strong relationships, & passionate about closing the deal.
- Review, draft, & negotiate a variety of commercial agreements between Lyft & all types of partners & vendors
- Work closely with the global supply management & marketing teams to summarize & communicate legal concepts clearly & effectively
- Advise our business teams on relevant legal contexts, issues & risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, & company policies & procedures
- Improve our standard form agreements & legal processes to help us scale globally with a consistent but locally relevant approach
- Develop & refine playbooks & processes to streamline negotiation process
- Qualified attorney & Member of the California Bar (in good standing) or eligible to register as California Registered In-House Counsel
- 4+ years of experience working in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience working in the technology/software sector is a plus
- Experience with intellectual property issues relating to IP ownership, music licensing and/or trademark issues is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written & verbal) & interpersonal skills
- Strong track record of negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements, including production contracts & experience with RFP processes for vendor selection
- Proven ability to provide quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice while properly balancing risks & business reward
- Dedication to superior customer service
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, convey grace under pressure, & simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands, & shifting priorities
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving workplace
- Good sense of humor, disdain for drama, interested in learning new things, & desire to get things done
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.