Index Exchange is looking to expand our Documentation team by adding a Senior Technical Writer. Awesome products deserve awesome documentation; like our products & solutions, our documentation is expertly crafted to help our users solve problems.
In this role, youll work closely with colleagues in Engineering & Product Management to understand user needs & create impactful internal engineering documentation & external customer-facing documentation. This role gives you the opportunity to combine your passion for complex technology with your stellar writing skills to produce high-quality, & highly technical documentation.
We are a global technology company that connects the largest publishers & marketers across the globe through programmatic advertising. We ensure publishers are able to secure their bottom line so they can provide content to consumers & bring news & information to society at large. Our mission is to democratize digital advertising, all while helping marketers reach the audiences that matter most to them across digital channels. For over 20 years, IX has been known as the change agents of digital advertising innovators who help shape how our industry reacts to new challenges & shifts in the market. As a result, weve been able to partner with some of the most prominent players in the media industry including Hearst, Disney, & Meredith Corporation among many others.
What youll be doing:
- Authoring internal-facing & external-facing technical product documentation, including end user documentation, release notes, developer content, architecture diagrams, & API docs.
- Setting the vision for the architecture, structure, & content of your documentation, always keeping customer needs in mind to guide these decisions
- Assessing existing documentation to proactively identify & address gaps.
- Editing internal & external technical documentation, including peer reviewing other writers work.
- Providing input & edits for UI copy.
- Contributing to team projects, such as updating our documentation standards & best practices.
We want someone who is:
- Curious: Youre not afraid to ask questions. You feel a strong need to understand the full context & technical concepts behind what youre working on.
- Technical: You love technology & have a high technical aptitude. You can easily understand (and arent intimidated by) complex systems.
- Proactive: You take ownership of your assigned product area. You take the initiative to keep up-to-date with what were building & follow up when necessary to unblock yourself & move work forward.
- Passionate: Youre fully engaged with your assigned product area. You take a lot of pride in your work & strive for continuous improvements.
- Results-Oriented: Youre driven by KPIs. You understand the business problems that youre trying to solve with your documentation & are obsessed with meeting customer needs.
- Empathetic: You advocate for users. You have a deep understanding of their needs & align your approach accordingly.
Heres what you have:
- Bachelors degree in English or similar. A Technical Writing certificate or other technical certificates or diplomas are a significant asset.
- 7+ years of experience writing highly technical documentation, including API reference documentation.
- Expert knowledge of authoring tools (such as Madcap Flare) and/or DITA to produce documentation.
- Experience authoring API documentation using API documentation tools like Stoplight or Readme.
- Proficiency with HTML & CSS
- Ad tech experience would be a significant asset, but is not a strict requirement.
Why youll love working here:
- A bright & inviting shared office space in Downtown Toronto easily accessible by public transit or bike*
- Our teams are built around cooperation, teamwork, & respect
- We don't have a dress code & offer flexible work hours
- Annual celebrations (Holiday Party, All Hands, Hack Days) & milestone outings
- 100% coverage for health & dental benefits, 12 incidental sick days per year, 5% RRSP matching, & monthly gym subsidy.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Index Exchange is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every person in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees & communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing & promoting employees without discrimination. Index Exchange believes equal opportunity & inclusion are essential to motivate, empower & recognize the best in everyone.
Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing access & reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. Please let us know if youd like to request a reasonable accommodation.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Index Exchange is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Index Exchange* will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416.785.5908 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).
*Considering COVID-19, until further notice, everyone is required to Work from Home. When offices re-open, you will be required to follow the mandate of your local office.