Were looking for a Tax Manager to join our growing Finance team. You will be Rituals first in-house tax expert & be tasked with shaping policies & practices in jurisdictions including Canada, Australia, the UK, US (and more to come). Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, you will craft, manage & optimize multiple operations of tax practices & abide by all applicable tax laws.
While we look to you as the internal authority & subject matter expert on all things taxation, we expect you will solicit & leverage insights from experts & advisors (especially in super specialized areas of taxation & different geographies) to identify & mitigate tax risks. This is an exciting opportunity to own the complex world of international taxation & manage both recurring tax-related responsibilities as well as strategic approaches for taxation in all markets we operate in.
- Ensure Ritual is compliant in all jurisdictions we operate in & develop global & local strategies, policies, procedures & controls as we continue to expand internationally
- Manage all government agency tax audits (CRA, IRS, etc.)
- Timely preparation & filing of all applicable income/sales tax returns in multiple countries including tracking dates & supporting schedules for monthly, quarterly & annual filings
- Develop strategies for optimal corporate structure, available R&D grants, intercompany agreements & loans, IP ownership, & transfer pricing between entities
- Perform legal research, monitor regulatory developments & communicate this to senior management & Finance team in order to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation
- Assist with the review of contracts & collaborate with internal teams to ensure contracts contain key terms consistent with the Companys global tax structure
- Make recommendations regarding the use of external advisors, & manage those advisors
- Effectively communicate tax concepts, tax planning structures, & tax risks to the business
- A CPA or CA designation preferred
- Hands-on experience in corporate tax role (internal tax role or public accountant) & working across different jurisdictions (international tax experience is a plus)
- Exposure to the pace of & challenges faced by a high-growth start-up
- Creative approaches to solve novel tax issues
- A bias toward action & a track record of decisiveness
- The ability to educate, train & motivate team members as well as collaborate across multiple teams
What we offer
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product
- Competitive compensation package & equity in the business - we are all owners
- Healthcare coverage from day one & an unlimited vacation policy
- $15 daily in-app credit towards lunches & coffees
- Fun company-sponsored events & off-sites
- Biannual performance reviews, education allowance & opportunities for personal & professional development
Rituals mission is to digitize local commerce. Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs & ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to the local commerce space. Since then, Ritual has grown to over 300 employees, serving customers in 25+ cities across North America, the U.K. & Australia & has raised over $100 million in venture funding.