ABOUT THE ROLE:
DIG is looking for a Head of Construction to serve as the lead in planning, executing, & monitoring real estate & development projects for our Food Group. Real Estate & Development is a key part of DIG's growth plan & were looking for someone who is eager & excited to help us scale & improve our restaurant footprint across multiple markets. This role will oversee restaurant openings, both new openings & re-openings, renovation projects, & special asset projects, acting as a bridge between operations, design, & restaurant leaders. As a lead role, you have experience gauging feasibility, planning & budgeting, managing design, purchasing & procurement, negotiating bids & contracts, & executing projects. This position is on the Real Estate & Development Team & reports to the VP of Development.
- Lead daily project management activities through all levels of store development. [Design, permitting, construction & restaurant turn-over.]
- Review Real Estate locations & perform initial feasibility of proposed restaurant locations, including coordinated feedback to assist in active Real Estate negotiations.
- Properly scope, schedule & budget proposed projects for key stakeholder review.
- Assist during the design phase of the project to guarantee alignment with brand vision, timeline & budget.
- Assist development external resources, A&E & additional vendors through plan development.
- Review restaurant construction documents for brand compliance. Including key internal cross functional department review & alignment.
- Lead all project approvals including LL review & local municipal permitting via permit expediter.
- Manage project procurement & purchasing of all FF&E, KES, signage, etc.
- Lead project bid, negotiation, & contract process.
- Manage project meetings to maintain scope, schedule & budget integrity.
- Be responsible for restaurant & project closeout including managing project punch & turn-over to operations in addition to coordinating post construction warranty.
- A BS in engineering or CM preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in managing multiple projects at one time.
- The ability to communicate effectively, with integrity to key stakeholders & all project vendors.
- Insane organization skills you have lists, systems, & processes to keep everything running smoothly.
- A strong ability to work at a strategic level, but youre equally as happy getting your hands dirty.
- A knack for the details & a desire for growth. You are self-motivated & disciplined in all things.
- A keen eye for prioritization & workflow you persevere through challenges & maintain composure under high-pressure.
- A strong team-player mindset- you work collaboratively across many teams.
- An entrepreneurial spirit - you dont mind rolling up your sleeves & getting scrappy.
WORK PERKS: Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Company laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
At Dig Food Group, were building a better food system for everyone by sourcing, cooking & serving delicious food everyday. Nine years in, weve grown to more than 30 fast-casual Dig restaurants, opened our first full-service restaurant, 232 Bleecker, partnered with 130 farms including our own Dig Acres, & taught thousands of people how to cook (really cook) in our kitchens.
To do this, weve built direct & real relationships with farmers. We dont just name check them on our menus -- were true partners in their businesses. We focus on farmers who are independent, first-timers, women, immigrants, LGBTQ & people of color. These relationships allow us to get the best ingredients all year round & change our menu based on what is growing in the fields.
Each restaurant is run by a chef & all our food is cooked on site. There are no microwaves, can openers or freezers, just an entire culinary team at every location, cooking vegetables all day. This requires training a whole generation of chefs & cooks from the ground up, including many who have never worked in a restaurant before. Knife skills are life skills.
Were not here to disrupt anything or become a platform. We run our business on good food & great people. From sourcing to serving, our mission is to create a better food system for everyone. That means a world where farmers can make a living growing food, anyone can learn to cook, & we can all eat well, together.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply