Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about solving the legal challenges for a fast-growing company in the technology sector.
We are looking for an exceptional lawyer with a strong background & experience in corporate & securities matters. Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, the Corporate Counsel will have a diverse range of responsibilities, primarily focused on capital markets & securities matters, as well as M&A & strategic partnerships. In addition, the Corporate Counsel will provide advice & assistance across a wide variety of critical legal & business matters both in the U.S. & abroad.
This is a unique opportunity to become an integral member of a small but growing legal team during an exciting time at the company.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Draft & review SEC filings (including 33 & 34 Act filings) & advise on other public disclosures & securities law compliance.
- Assist on a variety of corporate transactions, including M&A, strategic partnerships, & licensing arrangements.
- Support day-to-day legal operations, such as board & stockholder communications & other corporate governance matters, equity & stock plan administration, & contract management.
- Negotiate & draft commercial contracts & advise business units on a diverse range of legal issues.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to promote domestic & international strategic long-term projects & initiatives.
- Develop, implement & improve company & team processes & procedures.
What Well Expect From You:
- Bachelors degree.
- J.D. from a nationally-accredited law school & license to state bar.
- 2-4 years of experience as a corporate attorney working at a top-tier law firm with expertise in securities matters. IPO experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills & problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task & work collaboratively across all levels of a fast-growing international organization.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.