Lyfts mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. We care deeply about the people we work with & the communities we serve. To create the worlds best transportation, we start with our own team by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Are you passionate about making our cities better through active & affordable first-and-last-mile solutions? Lyft is looking to hire a passionate & detail oriented Bike Share planner for Citi Bike, New Yorks exclusive bike share system. You who will play an integral role in bringing bike share to new communities in New York & Jersey City & sustain our footprint in existing communities.
About Citi Bike:
The Citi Bike system is an integral part of New York Citys transportation network. With more than 785 stations & more than 13,00 bikes on the ground across four boroughs & Jersey City the system has generated over 70 million rides since launching in May 2013. Citi Bike is the largest bike share program in North America, with plans to triple in size over the next five years setting new national standards in density, convenience & equity.
- You are comfortable working in a dynamic, high-pressure work environment.
- You have strong written & verbal communication skills, & are keen not to let things fall through the cracks.
- You are able to connect & build trust with all kinds of people.
- Youre a critical thinker & problem solver.
- Youre a team player.
- Play an active part in preparation & review of upcoming station installation or removal activities for Citi Bike, including system expansion.
- Conduct site viability surveys, desktop assessments, & related field visits, to support network maintenance as well as new stations.
- Manage & maintain construction permitting process.
- Review & request edits to detailed site plans for bike share stations.
- Liaise with DOT & Architects.
- Lead community outreach for new stations, manage & maintain records, & report potential issues & conflicts.
- Maintain station & site plan databases & web-based planning & collaboration tools.
- Assist Expansion Specialists in their day-to-day tasks
- Produce detailed record-keeping of your analyses & site review history.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience or bachelor's degree in urban planning, architecture, landscape architecture, public policy, GIS, environmental studies, transportation management, or a related field
- Experience in AutoCAD, ArcGIS or qGIS
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational & task management skills
- Strong collaborator with external stakeholders
- Experience conducting site surveys
- Strong knowledge of New York City area geography & street layout
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time in various weather conditions
- Experience in community outreach, customer service, or related job
- Passionate about biking, bikeshare or sustainable urban development
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.