Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics.The Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage our capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs.
In pursuit of our goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease,Guardant Healthhas launched two liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, & is developing programs for recurrence & early detection, called Project LUNAR. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 5,000 oncologists, over 40 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
Guardant's project LUNAR is applying cutting-edge methods in next-generation sequencing (NGS) to develop blood-based, non-invasive approaches to detect early stage cancers. As a member of the LUNAR team, you'll be involved in design & analysis of novel next-generation sequencing (NGS) experiments using custom assays in order to derive both molecular & biological insights that improve test performance.
You'll be responsible for integrating the results of these research & development activities into a high-performance computing software pipeline, run on data generated in a CLIA/CAP accredited production laboratory. This will involve translating insights obtained from the analysis of experimental data to improvements to our existing software via production-quality code. You will work closely across functional teams - including laboratory scientists, software engineers, & testing & quality engineers - providing excellent opportunities to interact with & learn from a large number of specialists.
Project LUNAR seeks to leverage Guardant's leadership in the field of liquid biopsy to address a core unmet need in clinical cancer care. Its success is being driven by a team of highly-motivated experts such as yourself, passionate about the potential to revolutionize the field of cancer diagnosis & management thus saving patient lives.
- Act as the primary point of contact in terms of executing data analysis from raw to processed data using Guardant's proprietary bioinformatics pipeline.
- Work with Guardant's core scientific software development group in order to contribute to existing production software based on analysis insights.
- Work with Lunar's data analysts in order to contribute to analysis & implement findings into our production code base.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, cancer genomics or related fields, or M.S. plus 3+ years relevant experience.
- Expertise in next-generation sequencing data processing workflows.
- Expertise in Python (including numpy & pandas), as well as working on distributed, high-performance computing Linux environments (proficiency in C++ a plus).
- Experience with SQL/postgres databases.
- Experience in experimental data analysis & visualization (cancer genomics a plus).
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, ability work across functional teams & with non-experts.
- Ability to make a difference in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience working in a version-controlled environment (git, GitHub, etc.)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.