Tala, seeks a Collections Team Lead to engage in consumer collections of overdue accounts. Primary responsibility will be monitoring, motivating, & training the Philippines Tala Collections Team to ensure KPIs are met monthly.
The position purpose is ensuring an excellent standard of caring service, maintaining customer relationships, & emphasizing Talas brand of modern & convenient customer-centric service to the in house Collections Team.
- Own KPIs & work with team towards achieving them each day/month/year:
- Monitor early & Late Stage Cure & Liquidation, to ensure team performance meets expected business targets.
- Manage team productivity including but not limited to Contact, Promise to Pay, Kept Promise to Pay Rates & amount collected & cured
- Manage incentive, rewards & overtime tracking.
- Manage daily/weekly/monthly allocation of accounts to agents, daily collection reports & shift planning.
- Monitor collection trends/recommendations to be shared with the collections manager.
- Daily/Weekly/monthly reporting of agent performance.
- Coaching, mentoring, motivating & performance management for collections team members.
- Reporting of KPIs & key themes on a daily/ weekly/ monthly basis.
- Managing of Non-Payment Reason Reporting. Make sure these issues are understood & elevated to the collections manager.
- Identify & collaborate on process, cost effectiveness improvement opportunities
- Expertise & focus in empathy, trust, & speed of customer service issues.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities such as: humility, service, efficiency, management, proactiveness, goal driven, team motivation, & communication.
- Demonstrates expertise on Autodialer, Zendesk, admin, and/or other customer service processes & systems.
- Clear understanding of collections call model & key result indicators.
- Experience in training team members on systems & processes.
- Strong decision-making & conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly & professionally verbally & in writing.
- Maintains a positive attitude. Can rally team even in times of adversity & challenges.
- Able to create & analyze reports & projects
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of any 4 year course
- Five (5) years B2C collections experience & at least 2 years experience as a Team Lead.
- High level of financial literacy
- Experience with multiple types of formal & informal credit products
Tala is the leading mobile technology & data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 1.3 million people have borrowed through Talas smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, & other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has raised more than $105 million from leading venture & impact investors including Revolution, IVP, Ribbit Capital, Data Collective, & Lowercase Capital. Talas global team is headquartered in Santa Monica, with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, Mumbai, & Bangalore.