The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
Prospects & develops new relationships & connections with luxury goods businesses to drive consignments. Meets with vendor consignors in their businesses to review/pick up their luxury merchandise. Carefully reviews & processes all items for shipment. Develops marketing strategies to continually increase consignment with The RealReal.
This position is based in New York, NY & will report toBusiness Development Director - Trust & Estates.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives business by prospecting existing connections & developing points of aggregation with new vendor consignor businesses. These contacts include but are not limited to: Luxury brands, boutique owners, wholesalers, re-sellers, manufacturers, jobbers, & business consignors
- Achieves the monthly consignment goal for your market through self-generated & corporate leads
- Develops & implements marketing strategies to continually increase consignment with The RealReal
- Meets with consignors in their businesses to set price expectations & procure their luxury merchandise
- Utilizes your knowledge of luxury merchandise to carefully review & process all items for shipment to ensure they are cataloged & up to our very high quality standards
- Masters degree or equivalent experience; or at least five years experience in wholesale, business development, or e-commerce of luxury goods; or equivalent combination of education & experience.Ability to read, analyze, & interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, & procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information & respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, & the general public
- Ability to calculate figures & amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, & volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra & geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems & deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Contact Management systems; Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software; & Word Processing software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin,sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will considerqualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.