KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
Construction HSEQ Technician
Katerra is currently seeking a Construction Health, Safety, Environmental, & Quality (HSEQ) Technician to join our team to support our growing business, ensure the safety & health of our employees, protect the environment, ensure the quality of our buildings & to support our mission.
The HSEQ Technician is responsible for implementing construction HSEQ programs, ensuring compliance with applicable laws, standards, requirements, codes, & building daily relationships with the site teams.
The HSEQ Technician is expected to promote a proactive HSEQ culture by setting the example, providing coaching/mentoring, & helping our construction organization achieve HSEQ success.The HSEQ Technician will report to the HSEQ Regional Manager with a dotted line to the HSEQ Central organization. This role may be assigned to one project or multiple projects, depending on the business needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures the safety & well-being of all employees & visitors at project(s).
- Leads by example.
- Establishes a proactive HSEQ culture.
- Assists sites in implementing HSEQ documents, programs, systems, procedures, & tools needed to execute efficiently & effectively on the project(s).
- Performs a wide variety of administrative & support duties.
- Responsibilities include document management, change control, data analysis, & record management.
- Prioritize & manage multiple projects simultaneously while following through on issues in a timely manner.
- Collects data & prepares documents & charts to report status of programs.
- Conducts daily, weekly, & monthly audits at the project(s).
- Assist project teams with site orientation & executes HSEQ training as required.
- Assist with toolbox talks, safety, & quality meetings.
- Coaches team members in the field to ensure safe practices & behaviors.
- Ensures team members are conducting daily HSEQ checklists for construction/equipment, etc.
- Ensures each sites safety equipment is readily available & inspected per regulations
- Helps drive solution resolution of HSEQ activities & improvement opportunities.
- Communicates trends to project(s).
- Works collaboratively with existing HSEQ & Construction team members.
- Drives solution resolution of HSEQ activities & improvement opportunities.
- Spends majority of time in the field visiting job site(s)
Required Skills & Experience
- 3 - 5 years of Construction HSEQ experience is required.
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field such as safety, environmental, industrial hygiene, fire protection, science, engineering, or construction is a plus
- Experience working with government regulators & a knowledge of federal, state & local government HSEQ regulations (e.g. OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, EPA, DOT, IBC, etc.).
- Experience implementing HSEQ management systems & behavior-based programs.
- Residential & commercial construction experience preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs safely & create a culture of quality & safety.
- Strong analytical skills including systemic root cause & risk analysis methodologies.
- Experience in structured problem-solving methodologies such as 8D, Six Sigma, or LEAN.
- Excellent organizational, planning, prioritization, follow-up, & closure skills.
- Strong leadership skills, including effective verbal & written communication.
- Experience coordinating & delivering training.
- Extremely organized & detail oriented.
- Good verbal & written communications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite is required (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, & Visio).
- Process Focus able to see the world as interdependent processes.
- Ability to exercise good judgement & prioritize tasks.
- Polished, self-motivated individual who can demonstrate initiative, flexibility, maturity under pressure, discretion, great judgement & will have the ability to anticipate & resolve problems before they arise.
- Able to work well across the organization with employees of all levels & in all departments.
- Self-motivated with a disciplined work ethic.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Flexibility to evolve with various challenges & directions as new assignments & initiatives unfold.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, dynamic work environment.
- Startup company experience a plus.
- Must be able to climb a ladder, stairs, & lift up to 50 lbs
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.