Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum.Guardant Healthhas launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI tests for advanced stage cancer patients & LUNAR assay for research use & for use in prospective clinical trials. In parallel,Guardant Healthis actively exploring the performance of the LUNAR assay in initial studies related to screening & early detection in asymptomatic individuals.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Scientist to help develop, validate & support novel technologies for very sensitive detection of cancer DNA using next-generation sequencing. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Scientist I or II in the LUNAR Technology Development team, you will work with members of the team & collaborate cross-functionally with members of technology development, bioinformatics, process engineering, automation, quality, clinical development, & operations. You will be hands-on in the lab & participate in efforts to develop, implement, validate, & support IVD & LDT liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the early detection, treatment & monitoring of all cancer types.
An ideal candidate would have experience with NGS assay development for automated platforms in a regulated environment.Preference is given to candidates with experience applying statistical methods to large data sets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in a team environment to identify areas for improvement in NGS assay work stream & propose & implement solutions
- Troubleshoot error modes in a clinical laboratory setting
- Synthesize large datasets & extract relevant trends using NGS data analysis tools (Python, R, IGV, etc.)
- Present data, proposals, & progress in various forums & to technical & non-technical audiences
- Ensure all work is performed & documented in compliance with applicable regulatory & quality practices (CLIA/CAP, IVD (Design Control), ISO13485)
- Strong foundation in molecular biology techniques including sample preparation for NGS
- Quantitative/analytical mindset- ability to segment complex problems into fundamental parts/basic principles, develop models & experimental tests for those models, & synthesize results into actionable solutions
- Demonstrated ability to organize, document & communicate scientific data
- Sense of humor is a must
- Consummate team player: demonstrated ability to thrive in an environment where numerous contributions are required to accomplish complex goals
- Enjoy working independently & collaboratively in a fast-paced environment & able to adapt to change
- Curiosity & drive
Experience in the following areas in highly desirable:
- Exposure to statistical process control & experience with statistical analysis tools in Python and/or R
- Product development in a regulated environment
- Experience with assay development for automated liquid handling platforms
PhD in Molecular Biology, Genomics, Biochemistry or related field & 0-3 years of relevant work experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacyNotice for Job Applicants.