Magnet Media is an award-winning creative storytelling studio, & we believe using storytelling + data is the best way to drive meaningful business results. Our team comprises world-class strategists & creative storytellers who use our THINK / MAKE / REACH process to develop holistic solutions for marketers.
Magnet helps brands discover & share their stories, engage their target audiences, & ultimately drive actions that deliver on business goals. Our strategic & creative capabilities have kept us at the forefront of digital media for more than 20 years, working side by side with many of the largest companies in the world, helping them derive business value from a suite of content solutions. Magnet Media's current clients include Google, JP Morgan Chase, Adobe, American Express, Cedar, OneUnited and dozens of other world-class brands.
Summary of Role
Magnet Medias Business Development Director will be an integral addition to our sales & growth strategy in 2021 & beyond. The selected candidate will help boost our aggressive growth trajectory in the brand storytelling space by building, scaling & owning one of our core sales pods.
- Focus on uncovering new business opportunities & driving revenue
- Lead & revolutionize 1-2 of our core sales sectors; Magnet currently excels in categories that include technology & financial services; we are also seeking to build & scale a third category pod centered on ecommerce & DTC brands.
- Convert prospect conversations, from marketing & LOB leads on up to CMO level, into sales by focusing on our core suite of capabilities & services
- Develop strategic plans for top categories & a prioritized list of accounts
- Become an expert in lead categories to educate colleagues & anticipate topics, trends & needs of category leading clients
- Manage B2B sales processes (both internally & externally)
- Partner with internal marketing & client services teams with clear communications to
ensure we nurture leads in a timely manager, win new business, & launch successful engagements
- Pivot Magnet business from a historically SOW-driven, project-to-project business to one rooted in contracted, always-on partnerships
- Leverage top-level networking skills on a daily basis -- demonstrating a love of people, a talent for outreach, a curiosity in our clients & their business objectives, & a focused discipline around meeting new people; showcasing an ability to represent the company through virtual industry events (and eventually in person events, post-COVID)
- A passion for video, podcasting, live events, influencers & digital storytelling; & for unearthing opportunities to tell stories at brands, both startup & Fortune 500
- Authentic curiosity & interest in our clients & their missions & business goals
- 5+ years sales experience with digital products/services/creative (ideally B2B & B2B2C), showing consistent achievement & growth
- Excellent communication skills: written, oral & listening
- Intellectual curiosity, a student of the business, & a love of learning
- An excellent asker of questions & gatherer of intelligence
- A high EQ & a love of meeting new people
- Intrinsic motivation, a strong work ethic
- Realistic, mature sensibility in account planning & forecasting but possessing a positive attitude & ability to unearth opportunity & solve problems creatively
- Resilient, results-driven attitude, & strong work ethic
- Conscientious, organized, reliable & disciplined
- Demonstrate excellence in collaboration, organization & follow through
- An interest in the business of strategic marketing, branding & the role marketers play in business growth
Life at Magnet: Some Final Thoughts...
Since our inception 20 years ago, weve continued to uphold our original mission of telling stories that matter, so that we live in a more inclusive & equitable world. This means having an intentional focus on including people of color, veterans, LGBTQIA+, people from different faiths, cultures, & religions...as well as people from different backgrounds & experiences: up-and-coming artists & digital strategists, seasoned professionals in the twilight of their careers, single dads & moms, little people, parents returning to work after raising children...from brand new citizens to those whose family came over on the Mayflower, from junior protegs to sage, experienced talent. Ideas that originate from inclusive, diverse teams are the fuel that drives our most meaningful storytelling.
At Magnet, youll find talents from around the world with a variety of experiences bonding over coffee, video games, books, pets, sports, interior design, music, the latest meme or streaming series. We believe in working smart, & prioritizing our mental health, thats why we require our team members to take paid self-care day once every quarter. We also enjoy getting together (when health & safety permit!) company-wide lunches every month, social outings every quarter, & bi-annual gatherings designed to destress & catch up with each other.
Based in New York City, currently operating remotely