Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which is quickly approaching 10 billion in circulation, growing over 1000% year over year. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
Circle is seeking an outstanding leader to build the Financial Partnerships function, including building & scaling a global team of professionals to galvanize a world-class Financial Partnerships network. Financial Partnerships is responsible for the strategy, relationships, & overall execution required to create a global network of service providers capable of supporting Circles mission. The Vice President of Financial Partnerships will work with the Vice President of Finance, Treasury & Corporate Development to forge new & strengthen existing relationships with financial services firms, banks, payment networks & data partners. The ideal candidate will have significant exposure to complex partnership negotiations & will work cross-functionally to identify, structure & execute deals. We value effective communication, humility, intelligence, creativity & strategic thinking.
What youll work on:
- Build, evaluate & manage existing financial partnerships that help deepen Circles product stack & broaden Circles global reach;
- Oversee identification, negotiation & execution of partnership opportunities & commercial discussions to enable our financial capabilities;
- Manage our partnership framework & operational strategy across regions;
- Drive the strategy & lead partner negotiations with at-scale impact to Circle, helping to enable new product launches or support new business initiatives;
- Be the bridge between financial partners & internal teams to guide strategic initiatives & projects. Communicate a deep understanding of Circles partners across the company;
- Immediately build a global team to support Circles growth in key geographies. Recruit & manage a high performing team, mentoring individuals & developing leaders. Define the teams operating cadence, goals & norms aligned with Circles principles & overarching mission & strategy;
- Nurture deep, trusted partnerships with teams across Circle to shape decision-making.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multi Stakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities;
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail;
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals;
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What youll bring to Circle:
- Very high EQ, empathy & self-awareness. It is not about you, it is about the team, the company & the clients & customers that we aim to please & provide a five-star experience;
- Significant experience in bank payment network, credit/debit card & related payment network partnerships & operations; Previous experience working with a technology/software company or with an understanding of the various corporate & business cultures within the region;
- 12+ years experience in some combination of strategic partnerships, finance, venture capital, consulting, product management, investment banking, or business operations;
- An understanding of product strategy & key requirements for scaling products & operations through partnerships, especially with a users first mentality;
- Experience recruiting, hiring, & managing global, high performing teams, mentoring individuals & developing leaders. Including defining the teams operating cadence, goals & norms aligned with Circles principles & overarching mission & strategy;
- Ability to handle projects with multiple work streams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of business problems. Ability to structure, manage, & coordinate complex cross-enterprise projects & processes with multiple stakeholders;
- Displays initiative in anticipating & exceeding the business demands of business managers. S/he must thrive in a fast-paced environment & exhibit the highest personal & professional standards of integrity & ethics;
- Experience taking detailed information & synthesizing to create executive level presentations;
- Track record of developing partnerships with stakeholders up to executive level & the creation of performance dashboards & repeatable processes;
- Aspirations to go beyond finance & understanding every part of the business to provide elite partnership across the organization;
- You excel in a fast moving, innovative & evolving startup environment;
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics or closely related field;
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.