Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion in 2020 to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
What Were Looking For:
As an Associate on our Investor Relations team, not only will you fully immerse yourself in all elements of our business, you will also be responsible for owning projects related to our Investor Relations program. You will be relied upon as a key company representative for external investors & research analysts, own the companys investor presentation materials, prepare quarterly earnings & board presentation materials, manage our quarterly & annual IR calendar, & assist with ad hoc project management.
The Associate will report to the Head of Investor Relations & will have significant exposure to our CEO, CFO & executive team.
What You Will Do:
- Be one of the companys primary representatives responsible for building & maintaining relationships with institutional investors & research analysts
- Prepare quarterly earnings & board meeting materials
- Own the investor presentation & related materials
- Manage the companys IR calendar, including investor conference attendance, non-deal roadshows & other meetings
- Manage the investor pipeline & meeting requests
- Maintain consensus model & build analyst coverage
- Assist with & execute other IR or related finance projects as they arise.
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience (2+ years in sell-side equity research, equity capital markets, investment banking, or investor relations at a publicly traded company)
- Strong attention to detail & project management
- Clear oral & written communication
- Understands the investment decision process
- Industry domain expertise working with growth companies or in Technology or Media companies
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.