Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
The Manager of Dealer Relations is responsible for leading & coaching a high-performing, sales-focused account management team at the individual level. This rolewill be responsible for contributing to & executing the strategic direction as set forth by the Senior Director of Dealer Relations, & VP of Dealer Relations. The successful candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced sales environment with relatively short sales cycles & high-growth expectations. The Manager of Dealer Relations will own a segment of the business, & will be responsible to delivering against renewal, sales, & retention targets, while contributing to the successful rollout of new products among an existing client base.
What You'll Do:
- Manage a 10+ person inside account management team
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to communicate the needs of CarGurus customers & product requirements
- Utilize an analytical mindset that allows for deeper inspection of individual, team, & segment level pipeline development & forecasting
- Spearhead the rollout of new products & programs, ensuring that reps are adequately trained & confident for significant client adoption
- Effectively communicates, formally & informally, up & down the organization
- Contribute to all aspects of sales management administration (forecasting, territory reviews, etc.)
- Comfortable & proficient in the implementation of sales processes & methodologies (Sandler experience is a plus)
- Continual spot coaching, as well as organized sessions in the interest of upskilling members of the team on a professional, personal, & financial basis.
- Speaking engagements & face-to-face responsibilities on an ad hoc basis
- Get in the trenches to strategize & help to move deals across the line with the team
Who You Are:
- BA/BS minimum
- 1+ years of inside sales/account management people leadership
- Track record of success & achievement in sales & other pursuits
- Experience selling SaaS or other internet/technology subscriptions a strong plus
- Effective user of technology tools, including CRM, to improve sales performance
- Ambitious sales leader committed to the success of his/her team
- Exceptional credibility with previous team members & organizations
- Strong track record of decisiveness & accountability in previous roles
- Proven approach of providing servant leadership through emotional intelligence & "grit"
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK, Spain, Italy & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.