Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Associate to join our Market P+L team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
The Market P&L team oversees & maximizes risk-adjusted profitability across Oscars network of hospital systems & national health provider partners. As Oscar continues to expand, the Market P&L Operations Coordinator ensures the team is set up for success.
As the Market P&L Operations Associate, you will design, oversee, & optimize core team operations, manage internal communications & meetings, & serve as the teams primary ambassador for cross-functional initiatives & executive reporting. Reporting to the VP of Market P&L, this role will give you a crash course in payer-provider operations & healthcare economics as well as exposure to developing & managing processes in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment.
For your key responsibilities, you will:
- Coordinate & keep track of multiple team-wide operational work streams, such as recruiting, OKR planning, performance reviews, & metrics reporting.
- Arrange & coordinate operations & logistics (e.g., meetings, travel, presentation documents) for Head of Market P&L & the five P&L Region Leads.
- Manage cross-functional initiatives, decisions, & meetings. Through this you will be trained to operate at an increasing scale, helping to understand & shape the groups goals.
- Engage with Oscar stakeholders & leaders to ensure the flow of strategic priorities & critical information about contracts, partners & markets to & from the team is structured & consistent.
- Ensure our teams methods, workflows, tools, & other core infrastructure are operationally tight & continuously improving.
- Help establish a culture that enhances our people & drives ruthless execution & excellence.
While no prior industry experience is required, the ideal candidate will have a strong record of organized & reliable work, & driving tight operational processes in a highly cross-functional, fast-paced role.
Key components for success include:
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years of work experience in healthcare, business, law, finance, tech, or consulting environment.
- Strong analytical & critical thinking with keen attention to detail (i.e. the ability to dive into the weeds of healthcare operations & communicate updates clearly to Oscars leaders).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, & project management skills. Including the ability to prioritize & re-prioritize projects based on urgency & importance, & organize large, diverse groups of internal stakeholders at all levels (including senior leaders).
- Experience managing & supporting executive-level meeting agendas & cross-functional projects.
- Experience with healthcare, insurance, or business development would be a plus.
Systems knowledge of the following:
- Productivity Suites (e.g., Office 360, G-Suites)
- Calendering tools (e.g., Outlook, Google Calendar)
- Travel & Expense tools (e.g., Concur, Fyle, Certify)
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.