Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
This role will be responsible for partnering with engineering leadership to define & communicate strategic plans around our Engineering departments Technical Roadmap. This person will engage both Engineering leadership & stakeholders across the company to ensure alignment around the interconnected initiatives & projects that support the Technical Roadmap. You can think of this role as being focused on the high-level view, connecting & enabling teams to successfully plan their own roadmaps within the context of upcoming infrastructure changes.
This internal-facing role will be focused on the needs of Engineering as we build out infrastructure for the benefit of Mailchimp, & not on product & public facing end-user features. A successful candidate will approach problems with empathy & diplomacy, & will have an eye for spotting opportunities for collaboration between teams.
- Works with technical leadership to advance & facilitate the long-term vision & goals for the Technical Roadmap of Mailchimps Engineering department.
- Collaborates with the technical leadership to build & manage the backlog of high-level initiatives & projects contributing to the Technical Roadmap, identifying dependencies & correlations, & establishing priority that aligns with long-term vision & goals.
- Clearly defines & guides a communications plan to create alignment between initiatives in the Technical Roadmap for the benefit of all involved.
- Partners with technical leadership to identify groups & stakeholders across the organization & determine the best approach to involve each.
- Participates in & provides connection between decision making & roadmap dedicated engineering groups. This person identifies & acts to bridge places where there are gaps in communication, or where groups should be collaborating around roadmap needs.
- Facilitates high level program review meetings with teams contributing to the roadmap.
- Serves as a point of contact for program & initiative owners across the company outside of Engineering who need access to the status & prioritization of our technical roadmap.
- Maintains a partnership with Technical Product Management, working together to ensure that product teams building out features & engineering teams building out infrastructure are aware of any interconnected pieces of their roadmaps.
- Helps broadcast the goals & trajectory of Technical Roadmap work being done at various levels across the company, in a way that connects how the higher level business needs are being served by the technical priorities & decisions.
- Capable of leading & navigating complex programs involving multiple Engineering teams. Comfortable communicating with Engineering leads of individual projects & initiatives that make up the broader Technical Roadmap.
- Adept at tactfully raising & negotiating conflicting requirements or needs between teams, & communicates needs candidly to leadership when needed in service of the roadmaps broader success.
- Experience managing both complex technical projects & programs. This person demonstrates the ability to balance a higher-level holistic view with dependencies between specific projects & initiatives, & has experience creating visual technical roadmaps that help others understand this view.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills; excellent group facilitation & presentation skills. Able to interface with all levels of an organization, including cross-functional leadership.
- Understands methods for designing & managing a communication plan across a complex set of initiatives & multiple cross-functional groups that creates clarity, with the lowest possible administrative burden on all involved.
- Adept at translating technical strategy for communication with various audiences, both technical & non-technical
- Able to empathetically assess the needs of stakeholders throughout the company, & to negotiate strategic plans that take these needs into consideration
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.